Company Description It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a d
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
- Partner with engineering and product teams to build scalable revenue automation processes in Oracle for Cash App’s growing number of products and features, including crypto currency.
- Review current revenue recognition processes, and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of period close and reporting
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules related to Block’s Cash App
- Work with Technical Accounting, Internal & external Audit and our external accounting service provider.
- Continuously improve our processes, and enhance documentation and controls as part of our SOX compliance efforts
- Partner with Block’s Finance & Strategy team to investigate variances between actual results and forecasts and help with the budgeting process
- Manage essential reconciliations to support Block’s regulatory compliance obligations, such as safeguarding of customer funds
- Work with various teams across different regions
- Passion for Block and an interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- Degree in accounting or finance, professional accounting qualification
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Previous role(s) should include audit, GL accounting, or revenue accounting
- Technical and practical knowledge of revenue recognition standards under US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with global entity structures and multi-currency environment
- Strong at Excel, SQL experience is a plus
- Oracle experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.