The department of Digital Social Technologies (DST) of I2CAT company is looking to incorporate a new member who understands the world of technology, culture, industry, digital, green and society. In a
The department of Digital Social Technologies (DST) of I2CAT company is looking to incorporate a new member who understands the world of technology, culture, industry, digital, green and society. In all cases, we are looking both from qualitative and quantitative perspective, who is familiar with the fourth helix model and its dynamics, who has enough cultural intelligence to work in interdisciplinary environments, and aligned with digital, green and social transition.
Must be a person oriented to human-centred technologies and innovations with proved experience in dealing with the parts of forth helix organizations separately as well as a whole.
This person will work for an European project titled: FORGING-Forum for Emerging Enabling Technologies in Support of the Digital and Green Transitions through Value Sensitive Innovations.
It is a project aiming to exploit the transformative potential and the innovation journey that leads new emerging technologies to their market-uptake shall embed since its early value-sensitive considerations, such as environmental and societal implications.
With FORGING we will propose a new methodology based on a value-sensitive innovation journey that breaks linear innovation trajectories to stimulate new technological visions and pathways attentive to the environment and society, and human-centred in alignment with Industry 5.0. Technological frameworks.
Who we are:
The i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation center that promotes mission-driven R&D activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications, and services. More than 15 years of international research define our expertise in the fields of 5G, IoT, VR, and Immersive Technologies, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, AI, and Digital Social Innovation. The center partners with companies, public administration, academia, and end-users to leverage this knowledge in order to meet real social and business challenges.
The greatest value of i2CAT is the talent of the people who make up our human team. We enjoy a team of people from more than 13 different nationalities and work every day to create and foster a work environment where we all feel comfortable creating, innovating and growing.
Want to know more? Visit our webpage! www.i2cat.net
What do we offer?
- Work from our offices or from home, whichever works best for you. We ask for two days in person at the office to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- This is a full time vacancy
- You will have a flexible work schedule so that you can reconcile your personal life with the professional one.
- Intensive hours every Friday of the year and every day in July and August
- Fix + variable salary
- Possibility of receiving part of your remuneration in kind (restaurant, transport, nursery or medical insurance)
- 25 working days of annual leave (the common 22 + 3 additional ones)
- You can access the UPC gym at a reduced price
- We have fruit in the office to promote a healthy lifestyle
- If you are interested, you can participate in events of your sector.
- You will work with a laptop. You can choose your work environment, Mac, Linux or Windows.
- You can ask us for training of your interest.
- We will work so that you have a career plan to promote your growth and development.
Where will you do it?
At i2CAT we already have an established telework policy for some time. You can work from home or from the office, whichever suits you best. We ask that you attend the office two days per week, one to stay connected with the team and the other one to establish relations.
If you decide to come to the office, we are located in Zona Universitària, next to the Campus Nord of the UPC, within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment. It is a very well connected area (metro, tram, bus) with bars and restaurants around.
Our offices are designed with an open-office concept where everything is light and transparency (we do not have opaque rooms). We have a variety of workspaces so that you don’t have to be at the same table all day.
i2CAT is an organization committed to equal opportunities. That is why we seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented, and therefore explicitly encourage the female collective to apply.
i2CAT is an organization committed to diversity and we seek to increase the number of people with disabilities in our team.
If what you have read sounds good to you… let’s have a coffee and we will tell you more!
In case you liked it but it is not your job offer, you may know someone else who fits perfectly and whom you would like to recommend!
Specifically, tasks will be related to:
- Societal and environmental impact assessment
- Progress & Performance monitoring and evaluation
- Fostering technology acceptance and uptake by industry
- Co-definition of research and market needs
- Co-design and emergence of technologies
- Testing/validation of approaches and ideas
- Dealing with ecological and social aspects of technological Interdisciplinary Innovation across sectors
- Gender plans experience
- Ethics and security experience
- Understanding processes of new technologies emergence
We will appreciate:
- Ph.D. Degree and background as a social researcher
- Experience in Technology-society relations from applied perspective.
- Understanding and dealing with processes of R+D+i.
- Experience on dealing with public administrations
- Experience in dealing with big companies
- Experience in dealing with university and research centers
- Experience in dealing with professional communities