The DSI hosts a large number of workshops on the latest technological subjects for both industry and the public, including topics such as: artificial…...
Senior Researcher Cybersecuirty
ESMT Berlin is the highest-ranked business school in Germany and Top 10 in Europe. Founded by 25 leading global companies, ESMT offers master and PhD programs, as well as executive education on its campus in Berlin, in locations around the world, and in an online blended format. We strongly believe in cross-team collaboration to achieve our mission to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally and act responsibly.
The Digital Society Institute (DSI) was founded in 2016 with a mission to bridge technology and society through research that places security and privacy at the center while considering social, business, legal and economic needs. In the short period of existence, DSI has become a trusted source for guidance on technological growth, ethics, and tech forecasting. DSI researchers are permanent author to both academic journals and leading press. We conduct a number of research projects and work with companies as well as public institutions. The DSI hosts a large number of workshops on the latest technological subjects for both industry and the public, including topics such as: artificial intelligence, digital platforms, blockchain, and cybersecurity. Our flagship annual conference brings in leading international speakers and hundreds of attendees from diverse backgrounds.
From May, 2021 on we are looking for a Senior Researcher Cybersecurity (up to full-time, to start as soon as possible)
- Conduct ground-breaking research and build thought leadership on cybersecurity and a variety of related digital topics in Germany
- Engage in informed, in-depth technology assessments and identify societal, industrial and political implications
- Interact with industry, academia and politics in discussions, sharpen and shape public perception
Build and maintain our network of international academic, governmental and industrial partners
- Understand and present our academic portfolio
- Plan and manage your own activities
- Assist the management in fundraising or conduct your own fundraising
- Support the DSI team with your knowledge and capabilities
- Travel to conferences and meetings nationally and internationally
- Represent the DSI in meetings and on conferences
You will help us to support and shape national and international discussions around digital topics, their technical issues, societal implications, industrial opportunities and political options.
- PhD in the field of computer science or related discipline
- Experienced in academic work in academia or think tanks
- Good presenter and narrator
- Outstanding vertical expertise, preferably in Cybersecurity and/or other fields of relevance (i.e. AI, Quantum, Blockchain)
- Track record in writing and presenting
- Fluent in English, preferably also German
- Good at autonomous working and self-management
- Ideally networked in academia, industry, politics
That is what we can offer you
ESMT offers a very collegial and international environment with employees from more than 35 different countries. We encourage initiative and contributions with meaningful and lasting impact. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, our programs, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, gender identity, religion, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
With us, you will have:
- A chance to shape the future of the digital society in Europe
- Freedom and plenty of time for research without teaching obligations
- A flat hierarchy, where you will have direct access to the management
- A high degree of learning and access to outstanding networks
- An outstanding salary and an opportunity for bonuses as we grow
- The possibility to work for the DSI in the heart of Berlin at the ESMT campus (and remotely for time being)