At Ripple, we're building a world where value moves like information does today. It's big, it's bold, and we're already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, g
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Senior Quantitative Developer, Liquidity
London, England, UK or Toronto, ON, Canada
Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of extensive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a Senior Quantitative Developer to optimize the way Ripple interacts with digital asset markets. You will leverage your quantitative finance expertise, partnering closely with Applied Scientists and Software Engineers on our team to accelerate the pace at which we automate and optimize Ripple’s interactions with crypto markets. This will entail integrating liquidity strategies into our trading platform, and building the research tools to optimize their performance. You will be a source for knowledge about financial markets, helping to level-up teammates with a wide range of experiences. You will contribute and maintain production-level code, raising the bar for engineering standards to compliment your quantitative finance subject matter expertise. You will apply your quantitative finance knowledge to deliver last-mile solutions for new problems that have a direct impact on Ripple’s business outcomes. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated technical excellence in designing, building and delivering reliable markets tools and analysis, based on a deep understanding of FX and crypto market structure. You can clearly identify feature requirements for solutions, even when problem statements are ambiguous. You are adept at communicating across teams to drive cross-functional alignment and have the ability to think through how markets will adapt to leverage paradigm-shifting technology. You have experience as a quantitative developer, trading systems engineer or data scientist and a passion for the craft of software engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct analysis suggesting optimal ways to operate in crypto markets and prove it out with data
- Build end-to-end applications that analyze market risk and monitor liquidity in real-time
- Own Ripple’s market data consumption needs, partnering with trading platform teams to build a best-in-class Market Data Database and the pipelines to ensure fellow Liquidity Engineering team members get the most out of it
- Connect the dots between Markets and engineering – identify the problems most worth solving, design their technical solutions, and deliver those solutions with the highest level of operational excellence
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 4-8+ years experience developing market data analytics and trading data tools in markets, ideally in traditional FX and digital assets
- Experience with Python, Java, SQL and cloud data platforms like AWS, GCP, or Databricks
- Familiarity with traditional macro / FX market structure and liquidity landscape
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes or other containerized software design tools a plus
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git and code reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice
California Applicant Privacy Notice