Senior Qt/QML UI Developer The project & role Status seeks to accelerate consumer adoption of the web3 ecosystem forward through products, research, the creation of developer tools, and support of
Status seeks to accelerate consumer adoption of the web3 ecosystem forward through products, research, the creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core product is an Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop platforms that enables communities to permissionlessly create 100% decentralized group chat spaces, and allows users to message, make payments and browse and transact on the decentralized web. Status also builds foundational infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem as a whole including the Nimbus Ethereum client, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper. Everything Status creates is built in the open and released under permissive open source licenses.
The desktop team is looking for a senior experienced C++/QML UI devs to join our team and to work with us to create a permissionless, decentralized, censorship proof group chat platform. Role responsibilities include developing new features, creating and enhancing components in our QML UI toolkit component library, advising and assisting other members of the Status Desktop development team with solving challenging QML UI development problems, and perhaps working on the Go backend if this is something you would enjoy. As a team we try to match task assignment with the individual interests and passions of our team members, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regards to what you would be working on. If you are a passionate C++/QML UI expert who knows all the ins and outs of C++ and QML UI development this could be an ideal role for you.
- Build new features, enhance existing functionality and fix issues in the Status Desktop application.
- Help develop and maintain Status’s QML UI component library (primarily used by the Status Desktop product)
- Advise and assist the other developers in the Desktop team as needed to help solve the hardest QML UI development challenges
- Contribute to C++, Go and Nim codebases (but don’t worry if you don’t have any prior Go or Nim experience)
- Be one of our resident experts for everything related to Qt/QML UI development.
- Expert level experience implementing UIs using Qt/QML/C++
- A strong ability to think about components and modules as they relate to other components as part of a larger system
- Experience implementing openGL rendering in a QML context
- A very strong attention to detail and the willingness to deliver pixel perfect UI according to the designs.
- Provide feedback and ideas to the designers as needed
- Good communication skills in English
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles We are a passion driven project on a mission to build tools that protect and enable free speech.
- Experience in an open source organization
- You show a strong interest for blockchain and have a good understanding of Ethereum
- Have worked in a distributed environment that values asynchronous communication
- Knowledge of Go and/or Nim is a plus
Get to know us:
Questions about this role?
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.