About Status Status is an organisation that seeks to accelerate consumer adoption of the web3 ecosystem forward through products, research, the creation of developer tools, and support of the open
Status is looking for multiple senior experienced Qt/QML UI devs to join our growing desktop dev team and to work with us to create a permissionless, decentralized, censorship proof group chat platform. Role responsibilities include developing new features, creating and enhancing components in our QML UI toolkit component library, advising and assisting other members of the desktop dev team with solving challenging QML UI development problems, and perhaps working on the Go backend if this is something you would enjoy. As a team we try to match task assignment with the individual interests and passions of our team members, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regards to what you would be working on. If you are a passionate QML expert who knows all the ins and outs of QT/QML UI development this could be an ideal role for you.
- Build new features, enhance existing functionality and fix issues in the Status Desktop application.
- Help develop and maintain Status’s QML UI component library (primarily used by the Status Desktop product)
- Advise and assist the other developers in the Desktop team as needed to help solve the hardest QML UI development challenges
- Be one of our resident experts for everything related to Qt/QML UI development.
- Expert level experience implementing UIs using Qt/QML
- A strong ability to think about components and modules as they relate to other components as part of a larger system
- A very strong attention to detail and the willingness to deliver pixel perfect UI according to the designs.
- Provide feedback and product ideas to the designers as needed
- Experience with multithreading / concurrency
- Good communication skills in English
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles We are a passion driven project on a mission to build tools that protect and enable free speech.
- Experience working in an open source organization
- Experience with C++
- A strong interest in blockchain technology and have a good understanding of Ethereum.
- Worked in a remote distributed environment that values asynchronous communication
- Knowledge of Go and/or Nim and/or Solidity is a plus
- Experience with using QT/QML to develop cross platform (Windows, OSX, Linux) desktop applications and mobile applications (iOS, Android) is a plus
- Prior experience with using Squish for functional testing QT apps
- Experience implementing openGL rendering in a QML context
- Any background or experience with cryptography and/or security
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
- Introductory conversation – People Ops team
- Vision alignment Interview – John, Product Strategy Lead
- Team lead interview – Iuri, Desktop Team Lead
- Technical interviews – Sale and Alexandra, Desktop Qt/QML Developers
- Tech and culture alignment Interview – Andrea, Mobile Team Lead
- ‘Meet the Desktop team’ interviews with Anthony, Pascal and Khushboo,