A keen interest in principles of blockchain, decentralized web and privacy. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of…...
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include open source, Ethereum-based apps for mobile and desktop that give users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web. One of our goals is to transform our current chat functionality into a group chat competitor to Discord and Slack, but with the difference of being 100% decentralized, strongly censorship resistant (e.g. so that even ourselves are unable to censor any usage of our platform), privacy first, and utilizing open Ethereum token standards to manage permissions, incentivisation and monetization.
Status also develops foundational infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem as a whole including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
As a Senior Product Designer you’ll usher in a new era of ‘token-based’ group chat – we are calling this feature “Communities”. You will own the Status’ Chat and group chat ‘Community’ space across the Mobile and Desktop apps and lead all activities in this space from design to delivery. Day to day, you will work with other functions (Product Strategy, UX research, Engineering, Security, Marketing) and lead the process of identifying problems, opportunities and solutions that improve the chat and community experience. You’ll go to the moon with your concept designs, but also bring these down to bite-sized issues on Github. You’ll discuss your detailed flows and screens with peers in the Product Design team to ensure consistency across Mobile and Desktop. Status’ infrastructure is leading edge in peer-to-peer, privacy-centric technologies. Your close collaboration with Engineering and QA will be essential to be successful in this role.
Status is a fast-paced, flat organization in a dynamic landscape. You’ll join a small, tight-knit design team. More info about Status’ design team here. We look forward to meeting you!
What we ask from you
- Own the Status chat and group chat space across Mobile and Desktop
- Lead all activities from design to delivery for this space
- Use your (concept) designs to facilitate alignment
- Deliver carefully thought out design flows and interaction patterns
- Connect with Engineers to find elegant and creative solutions
- Collaborate with our other designers around our design system, and to ensure consistency across our mobile and desktop app products.
- Collaborate with product management around product roadmaps and prioritization.
- Be proactive and flexible; Weigh in to shape the team and your role
- 5+ years of experience in designing production-ready, cross-platform products for iOS, Android, Desktop
- Experience designing chat and/or group chat products
- A portfolio that shows your experience in designing digital products, your design process, interaction design and visual design skills
- Adopt a modern design workflow and willing to work in Figma
- Fluent in English
- Living in, or comfortable working in, UTC ± 4h
- Experience with GitHub, or a similar software versioning tool
- Experience with designing for peer-to-peer technologies
- Experience with cryptography and identity management
- A keen interest in principles of blockchain, decentralized web and privacy
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 70+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That’s why everything we do is completely public to the entire community. You can view our development, Town Halls and conversations.
Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we. We work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our project stronger. If you share our values, you will be right at home