Introduction The Senior OpenShift Engineer will join IBM Consulting in Sweden working in the Northern Europe Hybrid Cloud Transformation team and work directly with our clients on key initiatives
The Senior OpenShift Engineer will join IBM Consulting in Sweden working in the Northern Europe Hybrid Cloud Transformation team and work directly with our clients on key initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement innovative and efficient technical solutions that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs through the application of cloud technologies.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a part of the Hybrid Cloud Transformation team, we are looking for architects and engineers with extensive experience of open-source technologies. Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while integrating IBM and open-source technologies through real world engagement.
In this role you will lead cloud application opportunities towards adoption of container technologies (OpenShift and/or Kubernetes). You will play a key role in our customers’ evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses. You’ll work to gain an understanding of customer application landscape including infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions. You’ll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
We are seeking candidates who have architected, designed, built, and operated cloud native applications on OpenShift and who have led DevOps teams on OpenShift or other Kubernetes platforms.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in hybrid-cloud computing with OpenShift/Kubernetes container platforms; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers.
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use platform-as-a-service and cloud native development to build viable solutions to business problems.
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to evangelize and accelerate the adoption of OpenShift/Kubernetes technologies.
- Design and implement target platform and application architecture based on OpenShift/Kubernetes for current and prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work as technical subject matter expert in proposal teams to define solutions and delivery approaches for proposals.
- Harvest and document best practices and lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings and deliveries.
The selection is continuous and the role will be filled as soon as possible.
This is a job of IBM Client Innovation Center Sweden AB.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge about and hands-on experience with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.x from a developer and/or administrator perspective (both perspectives is an advantage) on such a level that Red Hat certification exams EX288 and/or EX280 has already been achieved or can be achieved within 3 months after hiring.
- Experience with
- Microservices Architecture
- at least one cloud provider, such as IBM Cloud, Azure, AWS or GCP
- and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Strong skills and experiences in DevOps and Agile practices.
- Strong communication skills in Swedish and English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Consulting skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with
- Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation (formerly OpenShift Container Storage)
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes
- Red Hat Quay
- other Kubernetes distributions
- Linux system administration
- automation with Ansible, GitOps, OpenShift Pipelines (Tekton), etc.
- application modernization projects.
- Project management skills, preferably using Agile approaches.
- A well-established career within the consultancy space.
- Working experience from the public sector, especially in Sweden.
You must be a Swedish citizen to qualify for this position due to security clearance requirements.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.