Senior Managing Consultant – Cloud Security
Introduction A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe. You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You’ll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
You’ll collaborate with client stakeholders and internal partners to understand the business problem and requirements, constraints of the system and concerns of the various stakeholders to systematically transform detailed solutions (architectures) for the client.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Work with customers to help build applications at scale in the Azure Cloud that meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with the migration team in the analysis, design and implementation of technology solutions.
- Conduct analysis and proof of concepts for new solutions while working collaboratively through any issues that arise during the migration.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Responsibilities – Delivery
- Deep knowledge and experience on consulting-led delivery methods, leveraging cloud native and multi-cloud accelerators and blueprints
- Agile approaches, leveraging automation across application and infrastructure security as code
- Supported by project managers and delivery practitioners, help organize transition, transformation and managed service approaches for client delivery
- Key member of project delivery, with varying degrees depending on project complexity and geography needs
- Help resolve program issues prior to or as they arise, with senior stakeholders across clients and IBM
- Establish strong client relationships in key accounts to help progress the Security Services portfolio
Responsibilities – Practice Development
- Inspire and lead a virtual “nerve centre” of security practitioners with skills on Azure and M365 security, developing accelerators that help grow our business
- Champion the value and differentiators of these accelerators within IBM Security globally, and with IBM Consulting
- In collaboration with IBM Security competencies/practices, help shape a delivery model – across onshore, nearshore and offshore – for Azure and M365 security capabilities
- Help establish capability and skills models for MSFT security, mentor team
- Become a role model for European and global practitioners
- Support interviewing of future candidates as part of practice building
- Attract and retain talent externally and internally
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Cloud Certification in for at least one hyperscaler, security specialist certifications preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in working on international deployment roles and interlocking with client executives on hybrid/multi cloud engagements (security/operations/business/IT)
- At least 10 years’ experience in working on security consulting roles
- Working experience of industry compliance, security frameworks and standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, NIST, ISF
- Working and applied knowledge of cloud security frameworks such as CSA CCM, Zero Trust Principles, CNAPP, SASE, etc.
- Working experience on cloud service models (across IaaS, Paas, CaaS, SaaS) and applicable security controls – native and third party
- Working knowledge in two or more domains across identity management, data security, application, security, threat and vulnerability management, workload security, network security, and security event and incident management.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.