Senior Manager, Global Assurance Quality and Risk
Basic information Location Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Guernsey, Ipswich, Isle of
Connect to your Industry
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Global Audit & Assurance delivers a strong foundation of audit practices for Deloitte around the world. We leverage new ideas and technologies to raise quality standards, drive growth and change, and define the audit of the future.
Connect to your career at Deloitte
Deloitte drives progress. Using our vast range of expertise, that covers audit, risk advisory, and consulting services across tax, legal, business, technology and corporate finance, we help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. To do this, we invest in outstanding people. We build teams of future thinkers, with diverse talents and backgrounds, and empower them all to reach for and achieve more.
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Connect to your opportunity
Our Global Assurance Quality and Risk Senior Manager, supports the Global Assurance Quality & Risk Leader in development and deployment of the Assurance Q&R framework, guidance and content across the Member Firms. This role will support the development of the Quality & Risk Strategy. Assist in leading, collaborating and supporting Global Assurance Executive to develop & execute the Global Assurance Q&R strategy. Our Quality and Risk Senior Manager will work with Global Assurance’s GC&I, Learning, Deployment and Complex accounting Leaders. You will also support member firms during all the engagement lifecycle, from the client/engagement acceptance to the archiving and improve the quality of engagement delivery. Additionally this role will drive cultural change and implementation of the Global How to Guide guidance.
- Assists in the development of learning & training materials for practitioners globally for the new Q&R roles
- Executes offerings via a certification training plan (Blackline, Blockchain)
- Collaborates and assisting the Global Assurance Innovation team to develop & globalize Quality & Risk review for all digital assets and tools
- Supports the Global Assurance Quality & Risk Leader to offer Quality & Risk reviews for all digital assets and tools and assist with development/globalization
- Partners with Global Assurance Innovation, Member Firm stakeholders, technology development teams, and Global OGC/Risk stakeholders
- Drives key documentation and deliverables including license agreements, acceptable use policies, and outputs
- Collaborates and guides Global Assurance/Member Firm Quality & Risk initiatives related to deployment and adoption of digital products and tools
- Facilitates workshops with key stakeholders (especially those with Legal and Risk groups to ensure digital asset launch and deployment
Connect to your skills and professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Professionally Qualified or Certified Auditor/Accountant (e.g., CPA / CA / ACCA)
- Possesses strong PMO experience and ability to drive projects from conception to launch/deployment in a fast-paced environment
- Recent professional experience in Audit & Assurance
- Working knowledge of risk assessment processes
- Experienced with diverse Assurance engagements structure and scope that enables proactive risk mitigation
- Strategic mindset and critical thinking skills with ability to execute on details and adjust quickly
- Demonstrate an innovative mindset, with understanding of potential opportunities to develop and disrupt traditional methodologies
- Strong technical skills (PowerPoint, Excel) and with digital tools and assets
- Proven ability to be flexible in an evolving environment; high tolerance for ambiguity
- Possesses ‘big picture’ view by identifying linkages across projects, geographies and workstreams
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within a company to build consensus and achieve goals through influence
Connect to your service line – Enabling Functions
Collaboration is central to everything we do at Deloitte. Bringing your individual skills and experience, and sharing your specialist knowledge, is how you’ll make a far-reaching impact. Come join us.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Connect with your colleagues
“Deloitte has provided me with outstanding support as a new parent and enabled me to take nine months of parental leave and to work flexibly since I returned to work.”
Connect to your agile working options
Location: UK Wide
Your Work, Your Way: We call our hybrid working vision Deloitte Works. And it does. We trust you to make the right choices around where, when and how you work. You’ll be able to make decisions about how you work best, to be collaborative, learn from colleagues, share your experiences, build the relationships that will fuel your career and prioritise your wellbeing. Having great conversations with your team and your leadership paves the way for great collaborative ways of working
You’ll be joining one of our innovative virtual communities. Which means you’ll be part of the Deloitte Global team. You’ll spend most of your time working from home like all of your UK colleagues in the Enabling Functions, or in a local collaboration space when needed. Our hybrid-working model enables our people to collaborate, connect and innovate in both a virtual and physical capacity.
You’ll have all the support you need to succeed, including robust tech and home workstation set-up guidance, as well as access to a variety of flexible working spaces and all sorts of social activities for you to join. We’re continually innovating our working practices too, so you can expect to see new and exciting technology developments coming soon. The future of work is evolving fast and we’re already leading the way by enabling flexibility for our people and making it easy for us all to connect and collaborate.
Discover more about our locations.
Our commitment to you
Making an impact is more than just what we do: it’s why we’re here. So we work hard to create an environment where you can experience a purpose you believe in, the freedom to be you, and the capacity to go further than ever before.
We want you. The true you. Your own strengths, perspective and personality. So we’re nurturing a culture where everyone belongs, feels supported and heard, and is empowered to make a valuable, personal contribution. You can be sure we’ll take your wellbeing seriously, too. Because it’s only when you’re comfortable and at your best that you can make the kind of impact you, and we, live for.
Your expertise is our capability, so we’ll make sure it never stops growing. Whether it’s from the complex work you do, or the people you collaborate with, you’ll learn every day. Through world-class development, you’ll gain invaluable technical and personal skills. Whatever your level, you’ll learn how to lead.
Connect to your next step
A career at Deloitte is an opportunity to develop in any direction you choose. Join us and you’ll experience a purpose you can believe in and an impact you can see. You’ll be free to bring your true self to work every day. And you’ll never stop growing, whatever your level.
Discover more reasons to connect with us, our people and purpose-driven culture at deloitte.co.uk/careers