We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to increase economic freedom aroun
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is growing and expanding internationally at a rapid pace. Facilitating this growth requires world class payments infrastructure and relationships with banks, payment service providers, and others to support fiat on-ramps and off-ramps for the Coinbase platform. In this role the Business Development Senior Manager / Manager will collaborate cross-functionally within Coinbase to lead the prioritization and implementation of payments partnerships required to succeed in priority markets, then source, structure, and manage those partnerships ongoing.
In addition to the primary goal of securing payments partnerships, the successful candidate will have a regional lens to support expansion into other priority countries. As such, we are looking for an entrepreneurially minded crypto-enthusiast to implement and refine our regional strategy, establish commercial partnerships and manage the operational processes to support them, and lead our payments expansion efforts across the region.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop prioritization of banks and payment services providers to support our ambitious international expansion product roadmap
- Establish commercial relationships with partners within timeframes required to support regional or market launches
- Manage partnerships with an operational cadence-metrics and qualitative feedback-to ensure an effective working relationship that allows for continued operations and expansion of services
- Identify opportunities for regional expansion through partnerships in support of our corporate ambitions
- Work with product, compliance, legal, finance, and others to organize the initial and ongoing partnership effort
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Passion for and knowledge of payments and payments systems in your home country and broadly within your region
- Experience sourcing and structuring complex partnerships that require cross-functional teamwork within an organization
- A network of contacts within the financial services industry within your home market
- Driven and results-oriented, but humble and self aware
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and your native language
- 10+ years of work experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- MBA, JD, or country equivalent advanced degree
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Learn more about our mission