We have experience in working with a wide range of clients with domestic and cross-border transaction issues and clients operating in industries ranging from…...
SENIOR MANAGER (BPO SERVICES)
ACT London, a client-centric practice founded in 2002, provides wealth structuring and advisory services through its strong international alliance to ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWI) and their families, with planning and implementation services tailored for each client. Please see our website www.act.london for further information.
The continuous growth of the grouping, in both size and reputation, is supported by superior tax, trust, accounting and audit services.
We have experience in working with a wide range of clients with domestic and cross-border transaction issues and clients operating in industries ranging from fintech/blockchain, financial services, private equity, international listed groups and owner managed companies to fashion, sport & entertainment, design, retail, transportation, real estate, food & beverage.
ACT London provides a complete range of accountancy services (bookkeeping, payroll, management accounts, FCA reporting, statutory financial statements and tax returns) for a wide range of entities, from entrepreneurial owner managed startups to large international listed conglomerates. We offer specialist outsourced accounting support which clients expect from an internal finance team, through our highly qualified, multilingual and experienced teams.
We are looking for an Senior Manager (BPO Services) to join us at our office in Mayfair (London) and become a leader in the transformation phase of the wider group.
The position reports to the Associate Director.
The key objectives of the role are:
· Manage and develop own portfolio of clients, including prepare own financial statements, VAT and tax returns, consolidated financial statements, management accounts, regulatory reporting (eg FCA) provide support to and cross-reference with interdepartmental heads (personal tax, payroll, private client/multi-family office advisory, audit etc).
· Further develop, mentor and manage the teams into more effective and efficient service providers, including planning and monitoring work and resources within agreed budgets
· Regularly review work for quality and compliance
· Provide technical advice to the team and clients
· Lead on developing excellent client service and relationships with clients
· Awareness of clients’ affairs and opportunities to provide value added services
· Build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm’s service to help identify opportunities to up sell and cross sell services to clients
· Respond quickly to, as well as anticipate client requests/needs, keep clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintain regular contact with clients
· Recognize and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities for own and other departments arising on existing and new clients
· Liaise with HMRC, clients, banks, other professionals
· Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep all parties informed of overruns
· Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to
· Identify risk and technical matters, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
· Must provide overall compliance and technical support on client matters
· Actively participate in bids/proposals for new work
· Manage WIP and Billing process
knowledge, skills & qualifications
· At least 10 years’ experience in a BIG4 Accountancy firm (E)
· Qualified accountant (FCA/FCCA) (E)
· Extensive multi-disciplinary management accounting knowledge, corporation tax, FCA and other regulatory reporting experience (E)
· Excellent level of Microsoft Office Suite (E)
· Experience of supervising teams (E)
· IFRS /UK GAAP knowledge (E)
· Fluency (native language) in at least 1 of the major European languages (Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Russian or Turkish) or Asian languages (Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese) (D)
· External audit experience welcomed
· Excellent level of SAP, Microsoft Office Suite, IRIS Accounts Production and Corporation Tax, Xero, Quickbooks, Sage 50, Sage Accounts Production Advanced, Sage Accounts Production, Caseware, Digita, Onesource, Sage Tax
· Excellent working knowledge of all the major accounting packages IRIS, SAGE, SAP, XERO, QUICKBOOKS (E)
· Strong entrepreneurial streak and attitude.
· Outstanding organisational skills.
· Street wise with superior negotiation skills and the confidence to challenge where required.
· Project management experience ideal.
· A self-starter, adaptable person with problem solving mentality
· Confidence to ask questions and/or seek solutions when required.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information.
· Refined interpersonal skills, with the ability to form good working relationships with key clients. investors and other parties including UHNWI, celebrities and peers
· Ability to remain firm yet polite and professional when dealing with difficult issues.
· Ability to work in a fast paced international environment.
· Takes responsibility and accountability for own work.
· Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
Remuneration: according to experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: Up to £80,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Big4 accounting firm: 10 years (preferred)
- Spanish, Italian or French (preferred)
- FCCA or FCA (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19