Trends impacting Banking and finance, including digital tools, use of data and new technologies, the rise of fintechs and the growth of digital payments and…...
Senior Legal Services Counsel – Global Industry Sector Legal Lead for the Financial Cluster
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
Career Level: Level 6 – Senior Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
The Global Services Legal team is seeking to appoint a senior counsel to act as Global Industry Sector Legal Lead for the Financial Cluster, supporting Accenture’s Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance Industry Sector Leadership Teams. In-house and private practice candidates will all be considered, but experience of working with international teams in support of a global business is a pre-requisite, and candidates with deep industry experience will be strongly preferred.
You will act as a trusted adviser to the Global Industry Sector Leadership Teams, working to help manage and mitigate risks, collaborating with senior stakeholders across the Business, Legal and other Corporate Functions to:
- Take the lead in undertaking risk analysis and developing mitigation strategy of new, strategic priority & higher risk offerings and services in the Financial Industry Cluster in collaboration with all relevant parts of Accenture, including for example Government Relations, Regulatory & Compliance, Responsible Business, Litigation (as needed) to create global guidance/guardrails to support the sustainable growth of the Industry Cluster and the sales of their services
- Assess both existing and new products and services offerings and guide them to market in a legally compliant manner with appropriate risk mitigations (contractual, operational, technical)
- Collaborate with other teams in initiatives to create frameworks related to cutting edge, cross-industry topics that address technology, ethics, human rights, legal and societal issues
- Support the Financial Industry Cluster Leadership Teams with the development of Thought Leadership
- Provide strategic legal advice to Business Leadership to support their growth agenda and bring in the relevant parts of Legal to support the Financial Industry Cluster Leadership Teams
- Help evaluate prospective acquisition targets on behalf of the Financial Global Industry Sector Leadership Teams, and work with them to support post-merger integration strategies.
International Candidates will be considered
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification
- Admitted to the bar) or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law
- Experience of relevant attorney work
- Strong commercial, technology, IP and data privacy experience and broad legal knowledge (e.g. spanning employment, litigation, corporate law and governance).
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Candidates will be:
- Proficient in key concepts relating to existing and emerging technologies
- Pragmatic and practical in their approach to advising and delivering legal support
- Emotionally intelligent and able to influence internal stakeholders, external clients and suppliers
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communicators and well organized
- Flexible to work global hours where necessary
- Highly proficient at speaking and drafting in English
Candidates should have a strong understanding of core legal issues relating to the Financial Industry Sector, including:
- Deep industry expertise and extensive knowledge of regulation impacting the provision and receipt of services to Banking and other financial clients including MiFID/MiFID II, Dodd Frank, PSD2 and Solvency II
- Trends impacting Banking and finance, including digital tools, use of data and new technologies, the rise of fintechs and the growth of digital payments and currencies, and the increase in sustainable lending and cryptocurrencies
- Legal issues related to bringing new assets and offerings to market in a legally compliant manner, including offerings utilizing machine learning and third-party data
Candidates should ideally also have experience in:
- Strategic legal counselling of Business Leadership in respect of taking new products and service offerings to market in the Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance space
- Deal shaping and evaluation of innovative commercial models for new product and service offerings
- Developing trusted relationships with senior business leaders.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 6 June 2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.