Be heavily involved in project work and should expect to be the lead lawyer advising on regulatory matters and issues that arise from these e.g. product…...
Hamlyn Williams has partnered with a European Fintech payments provider – providing cryptocurrency to the global online market.
With their rapid expansion, we’re looking for a Legal Payments Specialist to be part of the client’s key strategies as they evolve. Your focus will be to provide administration duties for filing EMI License applications, build an entire team in multiple countries worldwide as their demand for products continues to increase.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
- Be heavily involved in project work and should expect to be the lead lawyer advising on regulatory matters and issues that arise from these e.g. product launches, country launches, and licensing
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments in the payments/e-money financial services industry and assessing the impact of these developments on the business
- You’ll have to work cross-functionally with every team.
- Be liaising with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in applying for and implementing License applications, across Europe (International exposure is a plus)
- Expertise in EU financial regulations such as PSD II, and the Electronic Money Directive in one or more EU jurisdictions
- Experience in working in the Fintech/Payments industry (start-up is a plus)
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
If you’re an experienced Lawyer in Payments, please reach out directly to Yaingy Chan at email@example.com