About Us Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowe
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
Join the world’s first digital asset bank based in Switzerland as (Senior) Legal Counsel (m/f/d), as part of the Legal &Compliance Division and reporting to the Head Legal, to join our growing, high impact team in our office in Zurich.
Are you passionate about
- Legal and regulatory topics in a fast-pacing environment?
- Independently manage drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts?
- Investments products in a digital environment?
- blockchain and digital assets?
- a hands-on lawyer, eager to push tasks over the finish line?
- able to balance multiple complex situations to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of priority and quality standards?
- an emphatic team player and able to work under pressure and independently?
- keen to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and interdisciplinary scale-up bank?
- curious about financial services/technology/cryptocurrencies/blockchain/ICOs and related legal solutions?
- able to develop and inspire high performing teams, focus on growing a business and retaining an engaged workforce?
Do you have a track record
- in working effectively with specialist from a range of business fields and evidence of technical expertise to manage complex legal engagements in close collaboration with others?
- in dealing with a broad range of legal and regulatory topics in the financial industry?
If this holds true, we want you on the team.
What will you do:
- Provide legal advisory services in a regulated financial services environment (e.g. FinSA and FinIA, as well as AIFMD, MiFID and MiFIR)
- Provide legal advice regarding the structuring of funds and structured products (regulated and unregulated)
- Draft, review and negotiation all kinds of agreements in particular in the field of asset management (e.g. IMA, fund administration/custody/distribution agreements)
- Drive further legal & regulatory projects regarding strategic developments
- Support new business concepts and put complex products and innovative business ideas on a solid legal framework
- Draft and negotiate business contracts as well as provide corresponding advisory services to all business areas of the bank
- Handling of legal procedures of any kind (e.g. for litigation cases coordination of the cooperation with external counsel)
You’re offering these qualifications
- A law degree and bar admission in Switzerland or the EEA
- Minimum 3-4 years of proven (post bar admission) experience as a lawyer in financial services industry as an inhouse counsel, ideally combined with experience as regulatory advisor in an international environment in the relevant areas
- Substantial experience with Swiss and/or international contracts regarding investment products (e.g. funds, ETPs, Certificates, structures products) and strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to lead contract negotiations and to deal directly with senior counsels
- Profound functional knowledge in relevant areas of law, i.e. banking law, contract law, web3 and regulatory matters (Swiss and EU laws)
- Conceptual thinker with strong analytical and technical skills as well as courage to provide clear guidance based on own assessments
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the Business with innovative products and business concepts
- Goal and results oriented, able to work with minimal direction and providing hands-on and practicable solutions (with a good commercial business sense)
- English on a full professional proficiency level
What we offer:
- Join a young and fast-moving scale up and digital asset bank with agile working environment and fast decision cycles
- Freedom to own your decisions and take responsibility, full ownership of your function
- An amazing, diverse, highly skilled, international and motivated team of professionals
- Being at the forefront of regulatory innovation in the FinTech/DLT sector
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system
- The opportunity to deal with legal challenges related to traditional as well as new technologies
- Being part of the gateway for all legal and regulatory issues in a bank
If you’re passionate about the technological innovation in a banking environment and about tackling the legal challenges of a technology-oriented bank, then we are pleased to receive your CV, motivation- and reference letters.