With over-3-billion gamers world-wide, we’re aiming to provide a first entry point experience to NFTs, Tokens and Crypto assets (ownership) simply by playing games. Vorto provides game studios a web3
With over-3-billion gamers world-wide, we’re aiming to provide a first entry point experience to NFTs, Tokens and Crypto assets (ownership) simply by playing games. Vorto provides game studios a web3 infrastructure stack to manage the full-lifecycle of NFT in-game items and marketplace trading. By helping web 2.0 games bridge to the world of web3, Vorto looks to become one of the largest blockchain game platforms in the market.
Are you ready to put your talent to great use, challenge yourself to broaden skills outside of your comfort zone and develop solutions that will eventually impact the lives of literally hundreds of millions of players? This is a position for a seasoned developer – where you will have a chance to play a central role in defining the future of our industry. You like working with your hands deep in the code, as well as helping others to succeed. You can work independently and like to take responsibility. You take pride in creating products that can scale and are made to last.
What You Will Do
- Lead development work for new service offerings and/or for parts of Vorto platforms
- Build up & lead a software development team, ensuring that the development effort and process are sound and everyone knows what they are doing.
- You take care that the technical solution is well thought-out and can accommodate anticipated future requirements for scaling and expansion
- Breakdown Epics and major Roadmap Items to technical work items for the development teams
- Make sure the code is documented, secure and supports iterative CI/CD pipeline
- Provide technical collaboration with other key development areas
- Connectivity with Blockchain infrastructure and underlying services
- Vorto online store and marketplace platform
- Customer portal/dashboard, tools and APIs for game studios to utilise Vorto platform in their games and manage sales of their tokenized items
- This role reports to Head of Engineering
We’re looking to meet candidates with
- Ground-up experience in building tech teams in startup environment and not afraid to get their hands dirty, not because they want to, but because they still love to
- 6-8+ years in software engineering roles for complex service products, while making it look simple & fun
- Passion for Gaming, network incentification models, play-to-earn mechanisms and an eagerness to keep imagining what that could mean for our users, the networked ecosystem and the wider role of virtual economies of the future
- Experience from online marketplaces, e-commerce, payments or crypto/blockchain services is a plus and highly valued
- In-depth knowledge of modern web technologies and development practices
- Experience working with different software stacks, technology architectures and software development paradigms is a great bonus.
- Our tech stack uses nano/microservices architecture with Kubernetes, Docker, DAPR, Typescript, C#, Angular and Azure cloud services, prior working experience with these is a preference.
- Integration of centralized and decentralized services, and user facing web frontends, working experience with these is highly preferred.
- You can contribute directly to architecture and system design and are excited about taking part in making important technical decisions
Location: Can be fully Remote position. Working hours are expected to be mostly during CET (UTC+1) business hours, as the majority of the team members are based across Europe.
Perks: We offer all the start-up perks and a flexible work-life balance, as well as working with colleagues with both international experiences in fast-growth start-ups, and also from different countries and markets. Gaming for a living! Work on the forefront of two of the fastest growing spaces in tech – gaming and blockchains.
About our team: We are a team of experienced players, crypto-curious and innovation junkies (serial entrepreneurs, doers not by-standers). We are an international team who know how to build, execute, scale and even exit. The team has several exits, IPO’s and yes even a few failures in their history – all of which helps us to focus that experience on building our collective masterpiece.
Sound good?: This role will be filled as soon as the right candidate is located, so apply today. We want to hear how you could help us build our platform service along with a brief (cover letter) backstory and your résumé or CV. For more information, get in touch with the team
Job Type: Full-time
web3 distributed organisation
- Have you worked with web3 projects?
- Have you led a SW development team before?
- SW Development: 6 years (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)