Working At Bitso We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress insid
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As our Senior Java Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the backbone of the Bitso exchange – our awesome Trading engine.
You will play a key role in developing and migrating key components from the legacy trading system to a modern system envisioning extremely low latency and high throughput.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English fluency.
- +5 years of experience in java development
- Track record of delivering high-quality products or services
- Proven working experience with Java 8 or above.
- Hands-on experience designing and running microservices.
- Clear knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Redis and Mongo.
- Clear understanding of distributed systems.
- PHP experience or willingness to learn it fast is desirable.
- Experience with Spring Boot or Micronaut is nice to have.
- Knowledge of the trading domain is advantageous.
What You Will Do
- Write high-performance code designed for large-scale deployment.
- Maintain the highest level of quality of our code.
- Influence and mentor junior engineers to ship high-performance code.
- Improve engineering best practices of your team.
- Ensure integrity and security of your microservices.
- Assist in the resolution of platform bugs.
- Work independently to achieve all of the above but constantly collaborate when needed.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely in written and verbal form both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Overcome technical challenges in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to partner on cross-team initiatives to achieve joint goals.
- Embody our culture and values, and incorporate them into our daily work.
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we’re fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.