At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. You will be responsible for....
At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloitte Ireland has nearly 3,000 people providing audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Deloitte’s Consulting Practice is one of the world’s leading Management Consulting firms for executable Strategy, Operations, Technology, and Human Capital Advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process, technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Technology Consulting | Systems Engineering
Deloitte has exciting career opportunities for Senior Full-Stack J2EE/Java Developers within the Systems Engineering Team. The purpose of this role is to help clients realise the business value from IT. Using the latest technologies you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help our clients manage and deliver the operational elements of technology.
Business today depends on technology as never before, to drive transformation, productivity and growth. Organisations must innovate to stay ahead of the game, using technology to enable change. Deloitte combines powerful process with technology implementation capability which enables us to take strategic plans and designs, and help our clients turn them into reality. From advisory to technology-enabled transformation programmes, we work with business leaders to solve their toughest challenges through applied innovation – backed by worldwide resources, deep strategic alliances, and full-spectrum delivery across strategy, implementation, management and operations. The result? Technology’s promise fulfilled.
You will develop your technical and business skill set across industry sectors. You will work on diverse and varied projects with our clients to transform or develop their technology strategy. Deloitte offer the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a number of different sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training.
You will be responsible for
- Design and delivery of leading edge and innovative solutions to client needs using J2EE technology
- Learning and using agile developmental techniques
- Learning and exploiting cloud computing technologies
- Creating the delivery of high quality solutions that are validated using approaches such as Test driven development
- Leveraging and utilising Industry design patterns to deliver scalable and extensible solutions
- Envisioning and leading the design and delivery innovative solutions using latest open source and proprietary technologies to meet client needs
- Exploiting Industry best practices and your experience to create business solutions for our clients
- Mentoring junior team members
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
- Java / J2EE development experience essential
- Ideally 4+ years demonstrated industry experience in one or more of the following:
- Systems Analysis & Design;
- Object Orientated Design; Software Development techniques
- Java Technologies, Hibernate, Spring frameworks, Springboot, Web services, XML, Unit testing (JUnit), Angular, Kubernetes, Kafka, APIs, Ionic, Drools, Docker, containers, Microservices, OpenShift
- Cloud Computing Technologies
- Database Development & Administration in – Oracle, SQL Server in particular
- Development Experience in Multiple Operating Systems
- Implementation of Software Patterns; Web Design and Development
- Previous client facing / consulting experience
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Outstanding communication (both spoken and written), planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
- Assist in project planning and task estimation
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Maintain current industry / business knowledge
- Develop and share reusable knowledge that can be readily applied to new client projects
- Interested in travel
Why join Deloitte
We offer the opportunity to work with diverse and varied clients across a number of different industry sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training. You will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions in order to help deliver our clients’ needs, whilst developing both your technical and business skill set.
- Training opportunities (access to premium online training platforms, in-house training, internal & external technical training, certification/exam support)
- Professional subscription: the firm will cover the cost of annual subscription to one approved professional body
- Tech events: attending external and Deloitte Technology’s internal Tech seminars with SMEs in the practice as well as external speakers (topics in the past have included Azure, AWS, Big Data, Blockchain, DevOps, MuleSoft, Robotics)
- Deloitte Unplugged programme: initiatives which focus on employee wellness and wellbeing
- Corporate deals: discounts are available from a variety of organisations
- Tax efficient travel pass: save up to 51% on travel costs if you take part in our Taxsaver Commuter Ticket scheme
- Cycle to work scheme: Deloitte will facilitate the purchase of a bicycle and/or accessories up to a maximum of €1,000 through the cycle to work scheme. The scheme is tax efficient meaning savings of up to 51% on your purchase
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme options available
- Life assurance
- Health insurance discounts
- Social events
- Flu vaccination
- Eye test
- Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level
- Management Consulting
- Employment Type