About Synechron: We have a strong score on Glassdoor and genuinely have a great working environment which is both rewarding and flexible and caters very well for those with children whilst nurtur
We have a strong score on Glassdoor and genuinely have a great working environment which is both rewarding and flexible and caters very well for those with children whilst nurturing an impressive staff retention rate! We are well established against our competitors and whilst we’re outside of the “big four” Consulting firms, we are neither too big or too small to tackle any technical or business challenges that our clients face.
At Synechron, we believe in the power of digital to transform businesses for the better. Our global consulting firm combines creativity and innovative technology to deliver industry-leading digital solutions. Synechron’s progressive technologies and optimization strategies span end-to-end Consulting, Design, Cloud, Data, and Engineering, servicing an array of noteworthy financial services and technology firms.
Through research and development initiatives in our FinLabs we develop solutions for modernization, from Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence to Data Science models, Digital Underwriting, mobile-first applications and more. Over the last 20+ years, our company has been honoured with multiple employer awards, recognizing our commitment to our talented teams. With top clients to boast about, Synechron has a global workforce of 14,000+, and has 40 offices in 17 countries within key global markets.
About the Team / Business Area:
- Team are presently building the “RADAR” internal product.
- Large-scale data transfer product for global universal bank
- Tech stack is getting upgraded to Java 17
- Project involves moving data between thousands of different applications (non-functional elements)
- Risk data within the bank which will expand out into other verticals (equity data, fx data etc)
- Not legacy code-base but is mature in prod
- Handling pull-requests
- Optimizing the code
- Understanding how to build REST API design and best practices around this
- Upgrades to Java 17 (preferably Java 17 exp)
- Good knowledge and ability to articulate JVM
- No management, just IC role
- Dealing with the team in India extensively (although still working UK hours)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of java (right up to java 17)
- Experience of writing custom JDBC drivers
- Knowledge of how the JVM works (especially in a container) and optimising code for high performance and low latency
- Expected to have Kubernetes knowledge
2022: Voted in Top 25 Best Companies to Work for (Business Intelligence Group)
2021: Winners of Gold Globee Award Honouring Employer Excellence for Career Growth, Development & Training (2021 Business Excellence Awards)
2021: Synechron Recognized Silver Level Awards for COVID-19 Support Strategy
2020: Winners of Team of the Year’ Award (US FinTech Awards 2021)
2020: Synechron Finlabs Wins Gold Stevie Award (2020 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards)
Synechron’s Diversity Statement
Synechron are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We encourage applicants from across diverse backgrounds, race, ethnicities, religion, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientations, or disabilities to apply. We offer flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programmes to support our global workforce. Empowerment and collaboration are at the core of how we operate.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.