Senior IT Consultant, Private Investment & Private Equity, BCG Platinion (Digital BCG)
Who We Are Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in b
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Practice Area Profile
What You’ll Do
WHO WE ARE
As a consultant within our technology & digital functional practice aligned to our Principal Investors & Private Equity Practice Area (PIPE) industry practice, you will support top-tier private equity firms to address their most strategic technology questions across the deal lifecycle.
You will hone your ability to provide razor-sharp, industry-specific and impactful insights in a high performance and dynamic environment comprised of multidisciplinary stakeholders – a unique mix of C-Level (CTO/CIO/CEO), Investment Professionals and BCG industry stalwarts.
You will be supported by extensive BCG commercial & industry expertise & training, enriched with technology-specific modules covering Enterprise Solutions, Architecture, Cloud, Data & Analytics, Cybersecurity, et al to help.
BCG’s tech & digital in PIPE practice differentiates from the competition through bringing real-world technology experts to determine deal and commercial implications: our highly skilled team consists of battle-proven technologists such as ex CTO, ex CDO, full stack developers, ex Cyber warfare commanders, Digital Product Owners from the world’s leading brands, and innovative AI/ML researchers.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 5-10 years of digital transformation experience in consulting or industry with projects / experience around in one or more of the following areas:
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) environment, with a focus upon technology due diligence, technology carveout, technology PMI or PE-related value creation initiative with a portfolio company and/or strong aptitude and interest, e.g.:
- Cloud migration, engineering and/or vendor certifications.
- System integration patterns, incl familiarity with ETL or API management tools.
- Data architecture & advanced analytics.
- DevOps; SRE.
- SDLC and agile delivery.
- IT cost reduction.
- Demonstrated ability to influence commercial & technical audiences alike:
- You will have relevant experience from a top consulting firm (focused on technology, digital initiatives).
- A basic understanding of IT/technology financials and how it impacts deal value.
- A strategic thinker with a basic understanding of IT / technology financials and how it impacts deal value. Must be able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills, strong customer focus and mental agility with a results orientation.
- A University degree with above average academic performance in a STEM related field or business management.