Recruiter Note: We have an office in central Barcelona, but we are equally eager to speak with candidates based in elsewhere in Spain who'd like to work remotely. Background Apto Payments is tra
Recruiter Note: We have an office in central Barcelona, but we are equally eager to speak with candidates based in elsewhere in Spain who’d like to work remotely.
Apto Payments is transforming the card issuance industry. We help companies issue new kinds of cards in new ways – we do it with fewer constraints and more creativity, for a better cardholder experience. Founded in 2014 as Shift Payments, the company worked with Coinbase to launch the first Bitcoin debit card. Today, as Apto, our mission is ambitious, creating new ways to connect people to their assets by helping – crypto and non-crypto related – companies successfully launch innovative, user-centric card programs.
Apto is a well-funded startup, headquartered in San Francisco. We are focused on growing our business in a responsible way – building best-in-class products while managing regulatory and financial risk. We’re motivated to empower developers’ and customers’ abilities to design the next generation of can’t-live-without card programs, in the most efficient way possible. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, we have also an office in Barcelona, but we are also open to remote candidates for this role.
The Role & Opportunity
We’re growing our mobile development team and we are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to help build the future of payments by developing our mobile products, two SDKs and an iOS application.
The ideal candidate will love to bring UI implementations to the highest levels of quality and will care deeply about things like code cleanliness, reusability, maintainability, performance, and UI layout accuracy – as well as doing whatever is needed to create a best-in-class user experience for Apto’s users.
You will report to our Mobile Lead while working closely with engineers in the US as well as Spain. You will have a lot of latitudes to accomplish your job and have daily access to support from senior leadership. You will also have the chance to influence design implementation decisions to create the next version of our products.
You are a motivated, proactive, self-teaching iOS Engineer that wants to own more of our iOS products. You know what you are good at and you work to fill your gaps to ensure you deliver the best possible experience to our stakeholders.
You also have:
- 5+ years of iOS development experience on SDK and apps development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with UI architectural patterns: MVVM and Viper (non-essential)
- Experience with Cocoapods (publishing)
- Proficiency in Swift, but we also require to have a minimum grade of knowledge of Objective-C
- Experience with testing: unit tests and snapshot test
- Understanding of consuming API with HTTP, REST, and JSON
- A passion for clean code
- Proficiency with a code versioning tool such as Git
- Familiarity with some form of test-driven development
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners.
- The ability to understand and suggest improvements in our code as well as write the necessary tests to be sure that the features that you deliver are good to be shipped.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Stipend for ongoing professional development
- Work with a diverse team of impact-driven individuals
- Opportunity to impact financial solutions for millions of people around the world
- Hybrid work environment – Ability to work from a local office (if we have one) or remote depending on location. Take an in-person meeting when it’s more efficient, and skip the commute when it’s not needed.
Prospective Talent and Job Applicant Privacy Notice *
When you apply to a job on this site, any personal data you provide, or which is collected as part of this process, will be processed by Apto Payments in order to manage its recruitment and hiring related activities. Under European data protection laws, your rights may include the right to access, port, erase, restrict, rectify or object to the processing of your personal data or where we rely on consent, the right to withdraw that consent.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Apto Payments is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants”) about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA such as:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)
- Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as physical characteristics or description, social security number, driver’s license or state identification number, address, insurance policy number, and bank account number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender)
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above