Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Copper is a digital asset technology company dedicated to helping institutional investors safely acquire, trade, and store crypto assets. Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and fin
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper’s offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Our engineering team has remained at the forefront of blockchain technology, setting standards for the cryptocurrency infrastructure globally since the firm’s inception in 2018. We’re now looking to expand the team with exceptional individuals who will help us further accelerate the crypto ecosystem’s coming of age.
We have ambitious plans to build data infrastructure to allow every function at Copper to self-serve the data needed to make smart business decisions. This is an exciting role to help us grow a new BI Data function at Copper.
- Help build fault-tolerant, geographically distributed infrastructure: support of multiple data centres, providing replication, auto balancing and failover.
- Participating in the deployment of services with strict availability requirements on a large-scale environment and working together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand.
- Develop and maintain code for automated infrastructure management (DevOps, Infrastructure as Code) with the use of Ansible and Terraform.
- Working collaboratively with the Backend Engineering team to increase our resilience through insightful systems and application metrics.
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline to provide new integration vectors.
- Building and maintaining infrastructure for its own fleet of blockchain nodes (>25 layer 1 protocols now, and more to come)
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- 5 years of experience working as a DevOps engineer with production infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Scripting language knowledge – Python is preferred
- Well-versed with modern web application principles and CI/CD processes.
- Understanding of network security technologies, and network security analysis tools.
- Experience in configuring access to nodes in a computer network.
- AWS administration or with other cloud providers.
- Experience in coding non-trivial scripts and automating tasks in order to automate your tasks.
- Strong knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Able to independently solve problems of any complexity
- Experience with virtualisation and containerisation systems.
Our core tech, tools, and languages
- Cloud: AWS, CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes
- Interservice communication: Rest, Rabbit MQ, HTTP
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Mongo DB
- Architecture: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.