Introduction A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe. You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world.Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm,investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You’ll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
You’ll collaborate with client stakeholders and internal partners to understand the business problem and requirements, constraints of the system to facilitate,iterate and document the design and adoption of a hybrid cloud model.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- You will act as a trusted advisor aligned to industry trends that develops the framework and integrated solutions that meet the customer’s business needs.
- Collaborate with members of the client and IBMers team to define and execute proofs of concept and minimum viable solutions.
- Own the solutions architecture plan while being a “hands-on” builder in a client-facing engagement.
- Champion an entrepreneurial mindset and deliver unique value by leveraging industry and technology expertise to drive innovative strategies to accelerate clients’ success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You understand the different cloud solutions (multi, hybrid, public, private, on premise)
- You have proficient knowledge of cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP) and implications for the solution design
- You have a solid background in technical consulting, with demonstrated IT experience in solving enterprise customer problems
- You are experienced in one or more programming languages used in cloud application development
- 3+ years of experience in architecting/delivering complex and large-scale IT projects
- 2+ years of experience in architecting cloud projects, Kubernetes, Containerization
- 1+ year experience in usage, configuration or administration of container orchestrator like OpenShift at enterprise scale
- Knowledge about application modernization towards cloud (cloud transformation)
- Certification: Red Hat and/or hyperscaler
- Agile working methods and mindset
- You are always looking to learn something new and know about the latest technical trends.
- Fluent in German and English (minimum C1)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- End-to-End Design, implementation and configuration of a toolchain with established DevOps tools
- Understanding of Automation in the development, testing and operations context.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud infrastructure
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.