Qredo works at the cutting-edge of cybersecurity and blockchain. We use the latest innovations in cryptography and distributed ledger technology to deliver unique solutions for securing and trading di
Qredo works at the cutting-edge of cybersecurity and blockchain. We use the latest innovations in cryptography and distributed ledger technology to deliver unique solutions for securing and trading digital assets. Qredo is headquartered in London, UK, with development offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. Qredo is a well-funded, VC backed start-up with a clear mission and unprecedented demand for our products. Qredo is the ideal company for hard-working, highly creative developer who enjoys working in a friendly, collaborative environment.
About the role
This is a hands-on role for a highly experienced backend services developer with an interest in blockchain and cybersecurity, and a depth of knowledge and passion for building secure solutions. We can offer unique technical challenges, a supportive and creative environment with the opportunity to have an important role in a fast-growing organisation.
You will focus on creating Qredo’s core backend services, a part of larger suite of functionality within its digital asset custody and transfer platform. You will work directly on our core backend codebase, contributing to product design decisions and getting involved in the day-to-day activities of a small but highly productive development team. This is the perfect role for a highly experienced software developer who enjoys adopting new technologies and who sets high standards for themselves and those around them.
- Write high-quality Go code
- Collaborate with colleges to design architecture and test code
- Define and follow coding standards (style, testing, reusability etc.)
- Keep informed about new technologies and techniques that will help Qredo to achieve its goals
- Ensure code is deployed safely
- Contribute ideas to our product development process
- Problem solving – including problem diagnosis, bug fixing, troubleshooting and firefighting.
- Be available for out of hours support
- At your discretion get involved with other aspects of the work of the R&D Department
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years+ experience in software development including minimum 12 months Golang
- Proven experience with producing production-ready and highly scalable applications
- Excellent knowledge in Linux shell, scripting and popular CI/CD tools
- Excellent knowledge of Docker and Git
- Experience with SQL (Postgres), NoSQL and distributed databases
- Experience with microservice architecture, message queues and fast k/v stores (Redis)
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP protocol internals, Websockets and RestAPI principles
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent English