Your job: Senior Go Engineer Amsterdam Would you like to play a fundamental role in building mission-critical scalable systems from scratch for Europe's leading companies? What does
- Would you like to play a fundamental role in building mission-critical scalable systems from scratch for Europe’s leading companies?
- What does it sound like to be part of a very ambitious engineering culture where knowledge about areas such as Cloud-Native, Event-Driven Architecture, AI, scalability and Blockchain is continuously shared?
- Would you say yes to a 5% end-of-year bonus, 22 energetic knowledge-sharing sessions per year, a new laptop + mobile phone every 2 years, attending conferences, many home working options and a permanent contract?
Then read on, this job is made for you!
Your employer: Thé Thought Leader of Europe within software engineering for decades
More than two decades ago, two entrepreneurs who no longer had to do it for money came up with a plan: we are going to let the
best engineers excel on the
most interesting challenges, always using the
latest technologies! The result is a
leading company that has grown to become
thé Thought Leader within modern software engineering in Europe. Many speak at
inspiring conferences, write books or contribute to
impactful open source projects. This 100% tech company empowers
impactful, consumer-centric businesses with
millions of end users to harness the power of automation across industries such as
eHealth, autonomous driving, FinTech, and e-commerce. They only bite into
greenfield challenges in which they can take a
leading role and make a real impact! Full of
complex challenges and always working with
passionate and very capable team members. Fun, impact, learning, inspiration, you have it all here!
Your role: Senior Go Engineer Amsterdam
As a Senior Go Engineer Amsterdam you get the unique opportunity to play a fundamental role in the
most challenging greenfield and long-term software projects in Europe. Together with your teammates, you will be called in to
take the lead and lay the foundation for the
success of major tech companies! In one of these projects you will shape the
design and development of mission-critical communication systems of the
largest Classifieds in Europe with
hundreds of millions of consumers every day! You will also help with setting up the
architecture, migration to GCP and the
performance should be quadrupled. So more than enough challenges for the coming years! In another cool project you will build the web shop of one of the
leading retail chains from scratch! Every day millions of consumers buy their items here that are
important in their daily lives. Talk about
impact on humanity!
Because you will be part of the European Thought Leader in software engineering, here you have many ways to
expand your circle of influence. Think of career opportunities as a
lead or architect,
speaking at conferences, giving training courses, or becoming a
guru in a theme in which you like to excel!
What is required?
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional experience with Go (or eager to learn Go)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Unit Testing, Automated Testing or End-to-End testing is the standard for you
- Experience with Cloud and Microservices
- A technical university degree or a comparable level is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in training, mentoring, tech leading, open source development or being active within software communities is a plus
What is on offer?
- Between €81,400 and €91,400 per year based on knowledge and added value
- Permanent contract for an indefinite period!
- €5,000 training budget per year + 6 training days + 20 knowledge sessions per year
- 5% end-of-year bonus
- Choice of a 36 or 40 hour contract
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
- New hardware & accessories every two years!
- A new phone every two years + unlimited calls
- Solid pension
- Very inspiring colleagues and knowledge spaces
- Lots of space to attend conferences