Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA. Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Develop and maintain core backend framework and web applications supporting Kraken’s institutional clients
- Construct dynamically scalable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement a multi-year product roadmap
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Heroku) for deployment and orchestration
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL
- Have worked on a team before and write clean, testable code
- Intellectual honesty, passion for problem solving, proactive mindset and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a remote-first environment
- Passion for software development… it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
Nice to have
- Proficiency in C++, Golang and/or Rust
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Redis
- Experience with crypto/FX trading, derivatives and blockchains
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us