The opportunity : We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Partners team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you'll get to focus on building and improving our busin
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Partners team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to focus on building and improving our business APIs and microservices powering the heart of our business-to-business offerings. You will be designing and building services with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
If you are excited about scalability problems, automated workflows, infrastructure orchestration, queueing systems, APIs, UI Frameworks like React or Vue.js, protocols like GraphQL and gRPC, Uphold is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Creating a new embeddable platform that will allow any website to magically receive or send out funds in crypto
- Working on delivering an incredible developer experience as part of the overall Uphold partnership program.
- Building the most powerful, easy to use management tool for businesses partnering with Uphold.
- Contributing bugfixes and enhancements to the overall platform.
- Working on features that make our open API best-in-class.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers and other project stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Strong knowledge of frontend technologies and frameworks like React or Vue.js, React Native, Redux, GraphQL, Styled Components, and RESTful web services.
- Strong understanding of web semantics.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in developing APIs for other products you’ve worked on.
- Developing software interacting with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ, Pulsar or RabbitMQ).
- Experience in integrating APIs from other services providers.
- Proven record of having worked with performance budgets.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture – we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.