Senior Full-Stack Engineer – Partner Success
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to help grow our ecosystem of third-party developers, projects, and companies that leverage zkSync infrastructure for their businesses. In this role, you will take part in deciding the best approach to tackle our top partners’ needs, including developing proofs of concept or outsourcing some of the work.
If you are passionate about building innovative and scalable web3 applications and have a track record of delivering projects on time and to a high standard, we would love to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and build APIs using Node.js
- Design and build frontend applications using Vue.js
- Write and support unit/integration tests
- Actively participate in common team meetings: daily standups, demo, retrospective, planning, grooming, estimation etc
- Actively participate in code reviews
What We Look For in You
- At least 5+ years of experience building API’s using Node.js
- At least 3+ years of experience using Vue.js for Frontend projects
- Strong understanding of the principles of software development and architecture
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience in continuous integration / continuous delivery for frontend and backend
- Strong communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- Passionate and familiar with dApp developers, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s is a plus
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience using PostgreSQL or similar
- Hands-on experience using Kubernetes on AWS or Google Cloud
- Hands-on experience using MongoDB or Redis etc
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer using other languages and frameworks, e.g. .NET, Ruby, PHP, etc
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That’s why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.