Company Description Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transa
Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Verse is an EU licensed electronic money institution, which under its digital wallet, allows its customers to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select countries across the European Union.
In partnership with Cash App and the rest of the Block ecosystem, we are building a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at https://verse.me/careers.
As a Senior Fraud Analyst you will be at the front line of fraud management to monitor, identify and prevent fraudulent activities within Verse.
***Please ensure your cv and application are submitted in English***
- Strong analytical skills
- Conduct thorough analyses to identify new fraud trends, nodes and patterns
- Partner with the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to design, implement and test fraud prevention measures
- Design and own fraud related dashboards
- Monitor fraud related KPIs, including fraud notifications and chargeback rates and take the necessary actions on a daily basis
- Manage, scale and propose solutions to enhance our fraud detection mechanisms
- Report on findings to key stakeholders and/or to the Fraud Manager and across the different levels of the organisation.
- Keep contact with payment providers and other financial institutions in order to verify and control different types of transactions
- Serve as an escalation point to Fraud Analysts and other members of the organization
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience analyzing large and complex data sets to make informed business decisions
- Experience using statistics to solve complex business problems
- Experience working with BI tools like Looker, Tableau or DataStudio
- Ability to create complex queries in BigQuery, DBeaver, Postgre, MySQL
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, time-management, and self-starter skills
- Proficiency in English is required
- Experience managing fraud in payments environment: KYC, PCI, 3DS, Digital Wallet, Instant Payments Schemes (SEPA), Mobile Wallet, Online Banking, Wires (SWIFT) is a “must”
- Experience managing fraud from a Merchant perspective is a plus
- Experience working with Machine Learning algorithms is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Job Type: Full-time