Who We Are: Imagine a world where everyone is a trader. Okcoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation
Who We Are:
Imagine a world where everyone is a trader. Okcoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto.
Okcoin is a global exchange with offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan. We are a collective of global citizens with a common passion to help decentralise finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
About the Team:
The Finance team is primarily focused on providing operational support, financial preparation and reporting, cost management, and financial infrastructure support to help the overall growth of the business.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a full-time Senior Finance Analyst, reporting directly to the Finance Director, to assist and help manage the daily financial operations of the company. The right candidate should be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and provide support to the finance and global teams. You must also have strong prioritisation skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Take ownership of the accounting, tax, internal controls, cost management, accounts payable, management reporting, and regulatory reporting areas for OK Group’s payments entity
- Prepare financial statements for external audits, regulatory reporting/inquiries, and management reporting
- Implement a month closing process for the local entity and integrate the close with the consolidated group
- Adopt the consolidated group’s cost management system and localize it for specific requirements
- Overseeing the accounts payable process and all company operating expenses
- Lead the entity’s financial statements audit
- Establish internal controls around financial reporting
- Develop effective and automated processes for financial reporting and analytics
- Assist in navigating the regulatory landscape, including staying on top of evolving reporting requirements and tax mandates in Ireland
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the financial services, payments, fintech, or crypto industries
- Deep understanding of accounting standards (IFRS) and tax regulations
- Experience with budgeting, financial planning, forecasting, modeling, and performance reporting
- Understanding of the cost management framework and how to connect it with a systematic AP process
- The skillset to work within the demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience leading complex projects end to end involving multiple stakeholders
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and clearly articulate outcomes to senior management
- Self-starting problem solver, able to self-identify and execute new tasks as they emerge, and solve problems proactively to full completion without significant direction
Nice to haves:
- MBA or CPA
- Experience working across time zones and cross cultural teams
- Bonus points if you have previously worked at a crypto exchange!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and the crypto payments space
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.