Job Title Senior Engineer Location London Corporate Title Vice President Technology underpins our entire business. Our Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) strategy is focused on strengthening
Job Title Senior Engineer
Corporate Title Vice President
Technology underpins our entire business. Our Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) strategy is focused on strengthening engineering expertise, introducing an agile delivery model, as well as modernising the Bank’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. We continue to invest and build a team of visionary tech talent, providing you with the training, freedom and opportunity to do pioneering work. As a [Senior Engineer] you will be responsible for end to end delivery of entire engineering solutions to accomplish business goals. You will provide engineering thought leadership across teams, mentor and coach junior engineers and encourage continuous improvement in delivery practices. You will enjoy partnering closely with your clients whilst working within a broader creative, collaborative and innovative team, with a strong desire to make an impact.
As Senior Engineer you will be part of Securities Services completing green-field projects that deliver best-in-class products to our clients. In the era of cryptocurrencies, tokenization, taking part in building a new infrastructure for the financial future in digital assets. Our team is diverse, international and driven by shared focus on clean code and valued delivery
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Create strategic solutions that consider the risk, benefits and conflicts of the situation
- Design elegant solutions to complex problems which satisfy user & non-functional requirements
- Provide leadership and guidance to the delivery function, delivering with optimal functionality & efficiency
- Engineer solutions to minimise occurrence and prevent recurrence of production issues and to facilitate reduced mean time to recovery
- Design and engineer solutions and services with embedded risk and security controls as mitigation against threats
- Perform risk assessments of engineering solutions and designs and help in our journey to re-architect our applications for the cloud on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- In the era of cryptocurrencies, tokenization and Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), taking part in building a new infrastructure for the financial future in digital assets
Your skills and experience
- Skilled in building productive networks to drive collaboration, re-use and knowledge sharing
- Effectively communicates complex messages in a clear and concise manner
- Enables experimentation and fast learning approaches to creating business solutions
- Experience in solution design tools and techniques with ability to make design decision trade-offs
- Expert in one or more technical domains applying commercial acumen in delivery approach
- Experience with infrastructure as code practices and tools (Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with digital asset custody, trading systems, security wallets, cryptography & Hardware Security Module (HSM), dapps and related blockchain technologies
How we’ll support you
- A culture of continuous learning with coaching and support from experts in your team
- Enterprise engineer training programmes to recognise our leading technologists
- Regular global engineering events such as Hackathons or Engineering Days
- Monthly industry speaker and community events
- Accelerated promotion process for outstanding technologists
- Flexible working to balance your personal priorities
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.