Experience from the blockchain industry a plus. As a (Senior) DevOps Engineer, you will be working with a broad spectrum of IOTA Foundation core developers and…...
We engage in engineering, research and community organizing efforts around the IOTA Tangle – a new generation of DLT specifically designed to be the open and free trust layer for the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
As a (Senior) DevOps Engineer, you will be working with a broad spectrum of IOTA Foundation core developers and researchers in order to ensure the reliable operation of software and systems. Embracing a DevOps culture, you will develop new tools and enhancements to new and existing IOTA networks and software using the latest system automation standards, while ensuring proper documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and other internal and external IOTA procedures. This position is a mix of DevOps and site reliability engineering responsibilities.
- Collaborate with IOTA core developers and management to ensure reliable operation of software and systems
- Understand IOTA business partners’ requirements and systems goals, identifying and resolving business systems issues
- Define automated tools to help the products be timely adapted to end-user requirements, including CI/CD pipelines
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems
- Design and perform automated benchmark and integration tests to continually assess the reliability and maturity of the different solutions
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and other internal and external IOTA procedures
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Take ownership of the different infrastructure-as-code components that build up our platform, adapting them to the evolution of the given requirements
- High level of fluency in spoken and written English
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Proven experience with prominent cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience with CI/CD platforms, preferably Github actions.
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Strong understanding of Linux based systems, security, performance and monitoring requirements
- Experience from the blockchain industry a plus
- Knowledge of Golang and other production programming languages a plus
- Knowledge of SecOps practices a plus
- Self-driven individual who takes responsibility for projects from their inception
- Ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies as well as improve in existing ones
- Desire to explore and improve complex and fast-paced distributed solutions in the DLT space
- The opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry
- The opportunity to make a true difference
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback
- A flexible and agile organization with a flat hierarchy
- Independence and responsibility from day one
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.