We pride ourselves on full automation and the individual will be contributing to the overall automation effort. Excellent core Java programming skills....
Beschreibung & Anforderungen
*Applicants based in both London and Hamburg are welcome to apply*
The Investment Banking Middle Office team is an agile development team working within the Investment Banking Technology division. To support the changing nature of the investment banking business and to enable our business growth, we are taking our middle office system as part of the order management system to the next level. Rapid automation, workflows with microservices, containerization, stream processing and the capability to explore disrupting technologies like AI, Blockchain or Cloud in an agile environment are our future mode of operations.
As a member of a self-organised agile team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the team’s technical development goals as well as design discussions.
- We pride ourselves on full automation and the individual will be contributing to the overall automation effort.
- Creating and developing user stories with the Product Owner.
- Inspiring the team in building adaptable, dependable and scalable applications.
- Contributing to the team’s agile practices, including daily stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Excellent core Java programming skills.
- Experience with relational databases and design.
- Experience in PL/SQL
- Experience in full SDLC and agile development practices
- Experience of using SDLC build tools (GIT, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven).
- Experience with Microservice architectures e.g. Docker, SpringBoot, Kubernetes, Helm
- Experience of system design.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to openly propose and defend technical solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to make sound decisions under time pressure, as well as an ability to prioritise
- Experience with UNIX-based operating systems and Bash scripting.
- Experience with migrating legacy database technologies
- Experience with GUI technologies
- Experience with Kafka stream processing
- Willingness to travel on business within Europe on occasion
- Experience with building software to support middle office workflows like Allocation, Confirmation, Affirmation of trades as well as Commission Handling
Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.