Sitting within Finance but working cross functionally, this individual will be part of a team that are experts at removing barriers, enabling growth, and ensuring we build our company’s infrastructure at the speed of progress. Our job is to make sure Chainalysis has the right framework in place to grow both quickly and thoughtfully.
The Senior Deal Desk Manager is a multifaceted strategic and operational advisor who will be the founding member of our Deal Desk Function within the organization. They will work very closely with our Revenue Operations, Finance, Legal, Product and Marketing teams to provide quoting and deal structuring support to the Global Sales Team.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve developed in-depth knowledge of Chainalysis licensing and pricing models to provide deal structuring and quoting support to our global sales teams
- You’ve become a creative problem solver who finds a way to meet customers’ needs while adhering to our company’s overall strategy
- You perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers
- You provide both tactical and strategic guidance to our Sales teams by coaching on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and best practices to help close deals
- You function as point of contact and subject matter expert / project manager for Sales on deal pricing matters and questions related to common customer requests regarding deviations from Chainalysis standard operational processes, infosec standards, and SLA/engineering positions.
- You look for opportunities to create meaningful partnerships with the field and other stakeholders (training, QBR participation, etc.)
- You’ve built analytics, KPIs and business processes relevant to pricing, and use performance insights to drive improvements and share key learnings with executive-level leadership
- You partner with regional leadership to prioritize and organize projects and deals for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- You collaborate with the Sales Enablement team to create training content for your region to ensure Sales is informed on new products, best practices and regular updates to policies, etc.
- You create, maintain and innovate with respect to an ongoing knowledgebase of common issues arising during deal cycles.
A background like this helps:
- Strong experience, preferably within a Deal Desk role, but also including related processes such as sales operations & enablement, finance, and/or legal, with specific experience around deal structuring/quoting complex SaaS transactions for a fast-growing multinational company
- Analytical mindset and recognized competency for in depth analysis and modeling
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Working knowledge with revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606)
- Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, and/or similar systems
- Experience leading a team
- Must be comfortable representing the company to customers in negotiations and resolving customer satisfaction issues
- Strong attention to detail & communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong Google Suite/Microsoft Suite skills