Who we are We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the Bitcoin space and are passionate about digital assets. Glassnode is a leadi
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the Bitcoin space and are passionate about digital assets.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim at delivering intelligible, actionable and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors to make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, as well as equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
(Senior) Ethereum Data Scientist (m/f/d)
About the role:
Be part of the frontier of data analysis in the crypto space in a challenging journey of shaping our innovative products.
We are searching for a driven and proactive data scientist ready to contribute to taking our product and research suite to the next level. You would be expected to provide in-depth research on various on-chain activities, including developing new research methodologies and defining novel metrics that enrich our product offering.
Join us remotely (CET) and You can be located anywhere around the CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position is full-time.
What you will be doing?
- Analyze on-chain data of various crypto platforms and the associated ecosystems, utilizing modern data science toolkits
- Develop new methodologies to generate high-level data and insights from the bare blockchain, e.g. for address clustering, flow characterization, or pattern detection
- Effectively condense blockchain insights and create new metrics that will shape our product offering
- Visualize and communicate the research output and work with our Content team to create informative articles and share insights with our users
- Be part of a driven Data Science team that works on a range of blockchain-specific topics and beyond
- Stay in tune with current developments in the Crypto space and independently identify promising research directions
What you need:
- Familiarity with the crypto space
- Very good knowledge of large-scale data analysis
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks, …)
- Good SQL knowledge
- Experience in data mining and munging, statistical analysis, and machine learning
- High motivation, willingness to become one of the leading contributors in our Ethereum and DeFi team
- Very good communication + writing + visualization skills (matplotlib, plotly, ggplot2, …)
- Experience with Graph analysis
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience with Postgres and BigQuery
- Experience with golang, (py)spark
What we offer:
- Join a young, self-funded and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need an expert who helps us figure out what to do, not the other way around
- Flexibility to organise your work the way you like, our remote-first setup enables it for every employee
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are still working on a kick-ass benefit package, help us figure out what we’d need to stand out
- Frequent company offsites – this year we went to Lisbon for a week, and more adventures are coming
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.