Senior Data Protection Specialist Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to
Senior Data Protection Specialist
Blockchain.com is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding privacy and data protection professional to join our Data Protection and Privacy team as a Senior Data Protection Specialist. In this role, you will work closely with the Data Protection Officer and his team and support their efforts to achieve and maintain compliance with EU, UK and global data protection laws. You will be instrumental in helping to implement a global data privacy programme and fostering a culture of privacy by design across the business. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative and motivated data protection team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with the DPO to review and improve the company’s global data protection posture.
- Act as the senior team member next to the DPO.
- Assist the DPO to investigate, manage and remediate suspected data breaches.
- Proactively monitor the data protection landscape for developments affecting the company.
- Review policies and processes and propose improvements where necessary.
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders to conduct DPIAs, LIAs and vendor assessments.
- Contribute to reporting on key risk and performance indicators and workflow metrics for senior management.
- Manage data subjects rights requests with assistance from the team.
- Manage special projects assigned as needed.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by the DPO.
- Advise on ad-hoc data protection queries from around the company.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in data protection and privacy.
- Excellent knowledge of data protection laws, regulations, and guidance (e.g., GDPR, DPA 2018, ePrivacy Regulation, CCPA, LGPD).
- Experience of working within a complex, global business.
- Experience of working to design and improve processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, good organizational and time management skills.
- Professional experience with Fintech/cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required.
- Professional certification (e.g., CIPP/E, CIPM) preferred.
- We are a remote first company, which means that this role can be located anywhere, as long as it is in the EU/UK.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Job Type: Full-time