Senior Data Engineer Date: 13-Oct-2021 City: Łódź Company: GFT Technologies SE Why join GFT? You will work with and learn from top IT experts. You will join a crew of experienced engineers: 6
Senior Data Engineer
Why join GFT?
You will work with and learn from top IT experts. You will join a crew of experienced engineers: 60% of our employees are senior level.
Interested in the cloud? You will enjoy our full support in developing your skills: training programs, certifications and our internal community of experts. We have strong partnerships with top cloud providers: Google, Amazon and Microsoft – we are number one in Poland in numbers of GCP certificates. Apart from GCP, you can also develop in AWS or Azure.
We are focused on development and knowledge sharing. Internal expert communities provide a comfortable environment where you can develop your skillset in areas such as blockchain, Big Data, cloud computing or artificial intelligence.
You will work in a stable company (32 years on the market) in demanding and challenging projects for the biggest financial institutions in the world.
What will you do?
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of large sets of data for the most prominent investment banks in the world. The main deliverable in this project is to move existing on-premises solution to Microsoft Azure. On a daily basis you will work in Scrum, advise best solutions to client, take care of junior developers within the team and report directly to the Team Leader.
- Solid knowledge of Big Data infrastructures
- At least 4 years of practical experience in Object Oriented Development using the Scala/Java language
- Working knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
- Ability to establish effective cooperation with clients
- Practical knowledge of version control systems
- Fluent English in speech and writing (frequent communication with English-speaking clients)
Nice to have:
- Practical experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience with Apache Spark and Databricks Unified Analytics Platform
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum or Kanban)
- Work experience in distributed teams
We offer you:
- Working in a highly experienced and dedicated team
- Competitive salary and extra benefit package that can be tailored to your personal needs (private medical coverage, sport & recreation package, lunch subsidy, life insurance, etc.)
- Permanent or B2B contract
- On-line training and certifications fit for career path
- Free on-line foreign languages lessons
- Regular social events (as health of our employees is our priority all events are conducted online at the moment)
- Access to e-learning platform
- Ergonomic and functional working space with 2 monitors (you can also borrow monitors and office chair for your home office)
- Relocation package for candidates from outside of Lodz