Senior Data Engineer
About CoW Protocol CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have p
About CoW Protocol
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $20bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market – aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, consumer protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
Location: We are a fully remote team, and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 4 hours CEST time
Position: Full-time contractor
About the role:
At CoW Protocol, we have many opportunities to work with data each and every day.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support us in extracting relevant data from the Ethereum blockchain. In this role, your primary responsibilities will be creating and maintaining data pipelines, building out our data infrastructure, and supporting other teams in their data needs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about working with the data and creating impact from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with different stakeholders within the company to understand and address their data needs.
- Create, maintain, and optimize data pipelines and queries and facilitate easy consumption of data results.
- Build the infrastructure required for performant extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- End-to-end ownership of all engineering aspects of the solution. Deploy inclusive data quality checks, tests, and code review processes to ensure the high quality and correctness of data.
- Proactively suggest new data types that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team.
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends, and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from the blockchain.
- Experience in designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining efficient data architectures.
- Proficiency in Python and/or other modern programming language development experience.
- Proficiency in querying databases and data modeling, in particular SQL and relational databases experience.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers and distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Dune Analytics etc.
- Passion for engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing, continuous integration, and delivery.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- You are obsessed with numbers and a strong believer in data-driven decision-making.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, able to multi-task and also work independently.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space.
- Competitive compensation and a stake in the success of the project (token plan).
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team.
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem.
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions.
- Impact: If you are joining a startup, and you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
But most importantly – grow with us! We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking the initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at CoW Protocol. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
Life in CoW Protocol is a fantastic journey, we pride ourselves on the way we work together. We like autonomy, we think big, and have a growth mindset. We value initiatives and ownership. Our work is open source, designed code is publicly accessible – anyone can see, modify, and distribute the code as they see fit.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
We look forward to your application!