div class section wrapper page full width div class section page centered div b style font size 18px About Kraken b div div br di...
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
We are looking for Data Analysts who will play a key role in driving decision making in improving Krakenite experience at Kraken. You will transform large datasets from complex systems, generate actionable insights and share the results with stakeholders at all levels of the company. You will partner and lead projects with Krakenite Experience (KX), product management, engineering, client engagement, finance and other enterprise level teams.
You are a self-starter, results driven and passionate to drive success of products at Kraken using the power of data analytics.
As the Senior Data Analyst, you will add strategic value to Kraken by ensuring that we have actionable data at our fingertips in a clean, easy to understand manner. You will have top level support to go where the data takes you and build, from the ground up, a highly analytical approach to the Krakenite experience! If you are an experienced data detective who is passionate about creating world class data-driven people focused programs at a rapidly growing organization, apply today!
- Prepare reports and present the story of the data to stakeholders on all levels of the organization in an easily accessible manner
- Transform unstructured information, such as Krakenite sentiment, text, video or voice inputs, into usable data sources
- Source, sift and investigate people data from multiple sources, including HR information and applicant tracking system data, HR ticketing system, Krakenite surveys, time-tracking and learning management systems, benefits portals, exit interviews, competitor practices, compensation and succession planning, and other sources
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to hiring practices, Krakenite engagement, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics
- Based on metrics and analysis, make recommendations for activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to increase efficiency in hiring practices, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance in regards to mandatory employer reporting requirements
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices
- Build effective and user-friendly dashboards, and provide training to end users on how to navigate them
- Assist KX leadership with staffing, recruiting, and departmental budgets as required
- May guide and/or assist with performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics with at least 5 years in HR data, workforce and talent acquisition analytics particularly maintaining, understanding, interpreting, and forecasting data
- Knowledge of API and programming languages like Python, R
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Superset)
- Experience with Workday, Lever, and Jira (or similar) strongly preferred
- Experience with applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze datasets required for machine learning and AI algorithms
- Experience processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Proficiency with program languages, tools, and applications for analysis and visualization of data
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to have
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystem
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or related technical field
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us