The i2CAT Cyber Security area is participating in multiple exciting projects developing new solutions for advanced security problems. One of the topic under focus is privacy preservation applied t
The i2CAT Cyber Security area is participating in multiple exciting projects developing new solutions for advanced security problems.
One of the topic under focus is privacy preservation applied to health sector. This project (https://secant-project.eu/) will develop a threat sharing platform within the healthcare sector where sensitive information is processed every moment and the race for contact tracing applications has promoted the need for privacy, relies heavily on interconnected IoT solutions. This project involve multiple public and private bodies from 10 different EU countries.
As part of the regular work, the researcher is expected to:
- Participate in technological developments in this area.
- Define technological requirements of the projects and test bed infrastructure to be developed.
- Build proofs of concept (prototypes) based on disruptive ideas and technologies
- Participate in the drafting of technical documentation associated with the projects.
- Generate patent ideas and results and that lead to scientific publications.
The selected researcher will work with i2CAT Cyber team, in the context of this project, to develop a Collaborative toolkit for complex ICT infrastructures that allows the creation and exchange of dynamic vulnerability databases, as well as taxonomies for cyber-attacks targeting ICT ecosystems, technologies, applications and services.
Who we are:
The i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation center that promotes mission-driven R&D activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications, and services. More than 15 years of international research define our expertise in the fields of 5G, IoT, VR, and Immersive Technologies, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, AI, and Digital Social Innovation. The center partners with companies, public administration, academia, and end-users to leverage this knowledge in order to meet real social and business challenges.
The greatest value of i2CAT is the talent of the people who make up our human team. We enjoy a team of people from more than 13 different nationalities and work every day to create and foster a work environment where we all feel comfortable creating, innovating and growing.
Want to know more? Visit our webpage! www.i2cat.net
What do we offer?
- Work from our offices or from home, whichever works best for you. We ask for two days in person at the office to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- This is a full-time vacancy
- We have a flexible work schedule respecting your work-life balance
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and in July and August
- Fix + variable salary
- Optional benefits: Travel pass, restaurant vouchers, nursery services support, medical insurance
- Annual leave of 25 working days (the usual 22 + 3 additional ones)
- Discount for the UPC gym
- We have fruit in the office to promote a healthy lifestyle
- If you are interested, you can participate in events of your sector.
- You will work with a laptop. You can choose your operative system, Mac, Linux or Windows.
- You can develop your own and personal training programme with our support
- We will work so that you have a career plan to promote your growth and development.
Where will you do it?
At i2CAT we already have an established ‘work-from-home’ policy for some time. You can work from home or from the office, whichever suits you best. We expect that you attend the office two days per week: one to stay connected with your team and another one to engage with other colleagues
If you decide to come to the office, we are located in Zona Universitària, next to the Campus Nord of the UPC, within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment. It is a very well-connected area (metro, tram, bus) with bars and restaurants around.
Our offices are designed with an open-office concept where everything is light and transparency. We have a variety of workspaces so that you don’t have to be at the same table all day.
i2CAT is an organization committed to equal opportunities. That is why we seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented, and therefore explicitly encourage female candidates to apply.
I2CAT is an organization committed to creating an environment where we celebrate diversity, and where we provide the dedicated support that our employees need, regardless of their disability.
If what you have read sounds good to you… let’s have a coffee and we will tell you more!
In case you liked it, but it is not your job offer, you may know someone else who fits perfectly and whom you would like to recommend!
- MsC in telecomunication or computer science or Cyber Security
- Good knowledge and understanding of IoT systems.
- Sound understanding of Security, Privacy and Trust (e.g., Encryption, Digital signatures, Public/Private Cryptography, data-privacy, privacy preservation techniques, Risk assessment/management, etc. ) concepts in Cybersecurity.
- Proven experience developing with any of the major programming languages: C/C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Analytical mind-set able to propose solutions to new and known problems and carry on R&D activities proactively.
- Good written, communication and presentation skills. Good spoken and written English.
- PhD in communication networks. Preferably related to IoT, Cybersecurity or 5G networks.
- Proven development experience building secure ICT solutions.
- Existing publications, patents, etc.