Introduction IBM iX is one of the largest digital and design consultancies in the world, with nearly 60 studios and a global network of strategists, designers, developers and data architects. We
IBM iX is one of the largest digital and design consultancies in the world, with nearly 60 studios and a global network of strategists, designers, developers and data architects.
We take a human-centered, outcomes-led approach to reinventing industries and delivering exceptional customer experiences for our clients, from large global brands to emerging disrupting companies.
We’re a diverse team of dreamers and makers. For us, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. And we’re looking to expand our team with new perspectives and talents.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In the Senior Creative role, you will lead the creative concepting on our projects and inspire the team with a constant stream of daring ideas. You’ll combine your design, storytelling and innovation skills to help create engaging digital concepts and work with the team to ensure they are brought to life quickly and flawlessly.
- Own and drive the creative execution for our clients – from pitches to project delivery.
- Collaborate with our strategists, designers, UX’ers, PM’s and developers to deliver unique & memorable experiences.
- Go above and beyond each brief, delivering on the client ask while also pushing the boundaries of creative and technical possibilities.
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, visual language guidelines, visual compositions, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- Translate conceptual strategy into persuasive executions, ideas and concepts in a variety of creative ways, while maintaining visual appearance, usability, and brand continuity.
- Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce brand and business objectives across all platforms.
- Be a strong advocate and expert in the meaning, strategy and expression of a brand.
- Generate new ideas continually, while keeping an eye on establishing and maintaining the standards of the client brand.
- Collaborate, influence as well as manage through his/her expertise and knowledge of design.
- Be accountable for the overall success of design projects and experiences measured in specific business outcomes, such as new client acquisition/adoption of a service.
- Serve as a thought leader both inside and outside of the new company.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience in a creative role in an inhouse creative department, agency, or consultancy
- Visual design, identity, storytelling, branding and flawless execution.
- Digital UI experience with a solid portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches and sleek, high-fidelity visuals on tight schedules with a ton of initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory and iconography
- Solid understanding of mobile and desktop graphic techniques and production practices
- Knowledge of accessible designs
- Ability to work with brand and design guidelines
- Natural curiosity and comfort with ambiguity accompanied by an extreme bias towards making and a willingness to learn
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Communicating and interfacing with stakeholders about design concepts, principles, criteria and guidelines.
- Collaborating with other design leaders and practitioners to push the limits and look beyond the day–to–day, while working within constraints.
- Taking ownership for teams and work–from conception to production–ensuring innovative work, best practices and standards of quality.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 4 days a week.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM iX works at the intersection of strategy, design and technology to digitally reinvent our client’s businesses. We take a human-centered, outcomes-led approach to defining their digital strategy and delivering exceptional customer experiences to build your business, by design.
Are you interested in becoming a part of the future of Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in business? Want to push boundaries? Spark ideas? Surround yourself with insightful people, hot technologies and far-reaching resources? Then join us in IBM iX, and we’ll encourage you to explore things no-one has thought of before and deliver work that will capture people’s imagination.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.