Ripple is seeking to hire a talented and self-motivated transactional lawyer to join Ripple’s Legal Team. In this role, you will support the company’s product, business and finance teams on transactio
Ripple is seeking to hire a talented and self-motivated transactional lawyer to join Ripple’s Legal Team. In this role, you will support the company’s product, business and finance teams on transactions across the payments, financial technology, blockchain and cryptocurrency spaces, as well as a range of operational agreements.
You will be an integral part of our growing and agile go-to-market legal team and a key resource to business units located in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. This position will report to Ripple’s Deputy General Counsel.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the company’s sales and product teams in transactions involving the Company’s RippleNet product suite, including transactions with software customers and infrastructure providers, including drafting and negotiating agreements; and creating and managing templates for such transactions.
- Assist the company’s business development, finance, and marketing teams in a variety of commercial and strategic transactions and investments, from drafting and reviewing term sheets, managing deal processes, drafting and negotiating definitive documentation.
- Managing the Company’s outside counsel, as appropriate, for transactional matters.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong academic credentials
- Qualified in the UK or another major European jurisdiction
- 7+ years post qualifying experience practicing as a transactional attorney at a law firm and/or technology company.
- Strong experience preferred with enterprise technology commercial agreements: software licensing, Saas, and partnership contract negotiations on a global basis. Payments experience also a plus.
- Experience working on international transactions with colleagues and customers globally.
- Willingness to ‘pitch in’ and be a business partner to your internal clients.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with Ripple’s product, marketing, engineering, security, tax and finance teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.