Emerging Tech Strategy EYP Senior Consultant or Manager In a world full of uncertainty, ever-accelerating technology-driven innovations underpin the competitiveness of companies and allow f
Emerging Tech Strategy
EYP Senior Consultant or Manager
In a world full of uncertainty, ever-accelerating technology-driven innovations underpin the competitiveness of companies and allow first-movers to rewrite the rules of competition and collaboration between players in industries. Companies that know how to strategically apply what emerging technologies and new generation business models bring will act first and win.
The EY-Parthenon Emerging Technologies and Digital Ecosystems Strategy practice serves some of the world’s most demanding clients on topics like forward-looking multi-year competitive strategies, Digital Currencies, CBDCs, DAOs, the Platform business, Decentralized Ecosystems, AI/ML, and Quantum. We change industries, create first movers, and develop fast followers by educating our clients, coming up with disruptive strategies, developing bold use-cases, creating trend and scenario analyses, and response tactics. Occasionally, we co-create PoCs to bring viable and desirable solutions to scale hand in hand with our clients.
A passionate leader with industry experience who brings business and technology innovation, facilitation skills, and an entrepreneur mindset. You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills. You are a lateral thinker and a lifelong learner, energized by solving new problems and transforming how our clients think. You will have the opportunity to integrate expertise from across EY-P strategy, Consulting, Digital, Technology, and Operations as you bring your vision to life.
- You will be part of our fast-growing, market-leading team, which has an exciting mix of highly experienced and driven specialists with diverse backgrounds;
- You will work with and for established blue-chip clients as well as emerging innovators;
- This will not only sharpen your strategic thinking and analytical skills but also provide additional international experience, learning a multitude of sectors and new business insights;
- You can expect full support from great colleagues and a supervisor who provides continuous feedback and training opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
As a (Senior) Consultant or Manager, you will be a part of multi-disciplinary project teams to:
- Create a strong vision about the impact of technology on our clients’ businesses and communicate it vividly and effectively
- Identify and analyse key (emerging) technologies focused on results and tangible outcomes
- Develop and realize innovative propositions and business models with a technological component
- Develop and publish tools and methodologies to identify and capture technical trends to share the knowledge and inspire our clients
- Analyse and evaluate value chains to identify areas for improvements for international clients
- Perform operational, commercial, and financial analysis to understand a company’s performance and improvement opportunities
- Realize developed value creation cases, e.g., the transformation of business models, optimization of production footprints, supply chains, and corporate functions
- Manage projects and day-to-day problem solving together with your team, coordinate multiple advisory engagements and motivate your team to work together on common challenges
- Interact with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape, and drive the strategy and planning
- Coach and lead the professional and personal development of your team members
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
To qualify for the role
- Minimum of 3 (senior consultant) or five years (manager) relevant experience related to technology and strategy in an international company or consulting/professional services
- A good understanding of the latest technologies, amongst others blockchain, artificial intelligence, internet of things, quantum computing, and virtual reality
- A Master’s degree in a Science, Engineering, or Business Administration related field
- An aptitude for qualitative and quantitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance
- Being a quick learner to familiarize yourself in new sectors, as well as demonstrate the ability to structure complex problems to more straightforward underlying drivers
- Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of the clients we serve
- A good external network in tech (e.g., universities and tech companies)
- An exposure to the world of open-source and creator economy
What we are offering
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility so that you can make a meaningful impact your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Working in the champions league of deals with the world’s leading companies – our clients
- Unmatched opportunity to further develop your strategic thinking, sector knowledge, and international network
- Customized career advancement and diverse training opportunities using state-of-the-art technology that challenges you every day
- Comprehensive and customized leadership development programs that support you in leading and inspiring you every day
- Various part-time, leave, and work from home options
Find out more on www.werkenbijey.nl about the many benefits you are entitled to as an employee at EY.
An (online) assessment and a pre-employment screening are part of the application procedure.
Due to laws and regulations, and because EY (and in some cases its clients) has high demands on the reliability and integrity of its employees, every new employee will be screened. Depending on your rank, the pre-employment screening could contain the following: Certificate of Conduct (in Dutch: VOG) or – if requesting a Dutch VOG is not possible – Criminal Background Check of the country you are currently living or have lived during the last five years, integrity questionnaire, verification of ID, diploma’s and/or work experience and consultation of the Dutch insolvency registry.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter/