Our Italian Insurance Technology practice empowers some of the biggest Insurance clients to solve their most complex business problems and transform their organisations through embedding the latest te
Our Italian Insurance Technology practice empowers some of the biggest Insurance clients to solve their most complex business problems and transform their organisations through embedding the latest technology.
You’ll have the amazing opportunity to collaborate alongside a vibrant, experienced team of Analysts, Developers, UX Designers and Architects in the Insurance business. Alongside your career development, you will gain exposure to some leading global insurers and find out why our clients value our insights and experience.
As part of the EY Consulting Insurance Technology practice, you will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of engagements that will challenge you in areas such as Insurance Core Platform implementations, leveraging emerging technology within the insurance domain, technology enabled business transformations. Our EMEIA focus means that our team has a footprint that spans several geographies in Europe and continued investment in our practice has grown the team circa 30% year-on-year.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with an agile mindset, problem solving skills, industry knowledge of Insurance and/or Technology Consulting practices to supplement our strong capabilities and fuel our continued growth.
Your key responsibilities
- Work closely with clients to understand their fundamental business challenges and bring our experience of Insurance and Technology to enable them to transform their business and solve their most complex problems
- Coordinate client workshops, gather and document business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Support testers in defining testing coverage, validation of test scenarios and any clarifications
- Analysis and reengineering of business processes, to improve efficiency and quality
- Support our insurance clients through an end to end process to design, agree and deliver their future requirements, leveraging the capabilities of Guidewire and other technologies that may be available to provide these needs in the most effective way possible
- Leading playback sessions, scope/user story walk through’s to client stakeholders
- Identify and analyse problems and issues that may affect the successful delivery and adoption of proposed solution into the business
- Contribute to business case developments and proposal preparations
- Create and deliver presentations to senior client stakeholders and internal leadership teams
- Collaborate with colleagues through internal communities to drive quality, identify best practices and share knowledge across the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge and experience of the SDLC and Agile project management methods such as SAFe, Scrum, Kanban
- Strong understanding of the insurance value chain or a part of it (from distribution and customer management through to administration – servicing, underwriting & claims management)
- Core insurance platform experience such as Guidewire, Fadata, Duckcreek, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio)
- Apply proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team’s goals and objectives are achieved
- Ability to comfortably work with a wide range of stakeholders across all levels of the organization including senior management at the VP level
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in Insurance or Technology Consulting gained through a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy and/or a top tier insurer
- Experience in understanding business requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Ability to analyse and document complex business processes, user stories and functional requirements
- Analytical mind set; critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Appetize to take ownership of several complex initiatives with excellent time management skills
- An understanding of technology and opportunities it brings to the insurance industry
- Excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical audience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good appreciation of current market trends (Cloud, Data Analytics, Blockchain and AI) and how these are likely to impact key industry players
- Technical grounding and proven experience developing technical requirements and specifications, including knowledge of software engineering methodologies, reporting tools, and testing
- Experience with working closely with developers, testers and stakeholders to ensure solution is implemented based on requirements
What we look for
- We look for individuals who show the potential to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Team players who openly support, encourage and share knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness and successfully document these flows, requirements and recommendations
- Comfortable to work in fast-paced, constantly evolving dynamic environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Join us in building a better working world.