At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your uni
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of a high-performing team, you will deliver exceptional client service — consulting clients on technology strategies, providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence will enable their business strategies. You will work with clients on their strategic technology solutions, and support clients transforming IT organizations, operating models, and capabilities. Not limited to, but emphasis will be put on engagements centered on tech sustainability.
Sustainability and decarbonization are the key challenges of our generation and today’s world. Countries and organizations have pledged to significantly reduce GHG emissions to become climate neutral. With EY Sustainability, we are offering a holistic end-to-end approach that mobilizes all EY capabilities and that is a comprehensive response to these challenges. EYCarbon is part of the sustainability service offering and focuses exclusively on all business issues related to decarbonization (from strategy development, target setting and implementation to reporting).
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, you’ll help our clients in developing their IT, digital and innovation agenda, and support them on their Technology Transformation journey.
You’re expected to engage in various topics to foster sustainability including the scaling of cloud computing solutions to optimize and modernize IT infrastructure and platforms, analysing, developing concepts of, and implementing of AI models, data mining, predictive analytics, and machine learning, or supporting the introduction of block chain/distributed ledger technologies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding clients’ business directions and aligning IT Strategies accordingly
- Understanding new trends technologies (Cloud, Data Analytics, ML & AI, DevOps, Agile etc.) and validating their impact on the market, our clients and their current and future business models
- Enabling business transformation driven by technology and agile methodologies
- Supporting clients in developing and implementing sustainability strategies, decarbonization measures, and climate change mitigation and adaptation plans and other sustainability business capabilities that harness emerging and scaled technologies such as Cloud, Blockchain, AI, IoT, data and analytics, etc.
- Managing technology-enabled projects and planning of resources, activities and work products
- Supporting IT cost optimization projects
- Supporting and Supervising Assessment, Design and IT Implementation projects
- Structuring and analyzing data, deriving insights and proposing actions
- Communicating and presenting deliverables to our clients
- Collaborating in highly dynamic and cross-functional teams
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the technology consulting domain, with a significant part spent on sustainability stakes.
- Master’s degree from a reputable University with excellent academic records.
- A passion for sustainability-related topics, information technologies, digital innovation, understanding of common industry standards, business practices in the domain and their applications for sustainability.
- Excellent skills in both written and verbal English and German/French (both would be an advantage).
- First working experience in consulting preferably.
- Customer-centric, strong analytical skills with an ability to structure and analyze problems in a systematic and organized way
- The ability to break down and structure complex matters and communicate them effectively to senior stakeholders
- An open-minded motivated personality willing to work in teams and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial mentality with the willingness to drive and own engagements
- Can-do mindset, with a focus on high performance standards and ability to work in a focused and independent manner
What we look for
- Ability to work closely with large and complex remote teams and in a multi-country & -cultural environment
- A demonstrated capacity to take initiative, overcome challenges and work collaboratively through relevant work or project experience
- First work experience in sustainability and/or technology consulting or other working experience in sustainability related departments in the industry
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
- exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position (ID: 568106) online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.