About Economic and Financial Consulting With more than 5,400 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at sta
With more than 5,400 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
In FTI Consulting’s Economic and Financial Consulting (EFC) practice, we help our clients navigate legal, regulatory and international arbitration proceedings while supporting strategic decision making and public policy debates around the world. Delivering incisive interpretation of complex economic issues has made us a global leader in this field.
In Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), we have teams based in London and Paris, who work closely with teams around the globe. The London team comprises over 130 professional staff.
About the Capital Markets Services Team
The Capital Markets Services team within EFC advises decision makers in diverse circumstances. We provide expertise in complex financial instruments and derivatives to clients globally. We cumulate decades of experience in trading, investment management, valuation and risk management covering multiple asset classes including equity, fixed income, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates and energy.
We serve a wide range of market participants and offer cross-industry expertise to clients globally (buy side, sell side, financial intermediaries and regulators), in special and complex situations, for example:
- Valuation and Risk management: We combine our quantitative skills with unrivalled industry expertise, market research, cutting-edge technology and insightful data to provide informed and pragmatic valuation solutions. We leverage our critical thinking, trading, investment-management and valuation expertise as well as our proprietary models, cutting-edge technology and data analytics capabilities to provide best-of-class, tailored and strategic operational, market, credit, liquidity and model risk advice and solutions.
- Disputes, Litigation & Arbitration: We leverage our trading, investment management, valuation, risk management and regulation knowledge to provide independent expertise and testimony in disputes, litigation and arbitration globally.
- Investigations: We rely on our deep expertise with financial instruments and trading environments to assist market participants or regulators in the context of investigations.
- Transaction advisory: We provide support in transactions where trading, valuation and risk expertise is central to understanding and valuing a financial instrument in the context of mergers, acquisitions, liquidation, close-outs or restructurings.
What You’ll Do
Senior Consultants are primarily involved with the Capital Markets Services team but may be involved in the full range of EFC’s work or with other practices at FTI, with a focus on the financial, commodity and energy markets. They are responsible for the delivery of individual workstreams within projects, working alone or with others.
Senior Consultants are centrally involved in analysis and the preparation of formal written reports. They are expected to be able to take responsibility for managing smaller engagements or workstreams on larger engagements, synthesising research completed by junior resource; carrying out quantitative, industry and market analysis; and report their findings in a clear, concise and structured way.
The role will also involve:
- supporting the senior team with writing articles and with preparing proposals and presentations for new opportunities;
- performing research and collaborating in the implementation of proprietary valuation and risk management solutions; and
- developing practical and effective solutions to address client issues, by bringing industry insight and experiences.
Who We Are Looking For
Suitable candidates will be problem-solvers who enjoy developing and applying bespoke approaches to solve complex, unstructured problems in a logical manner. Candidates will have strong analytical skills and be able to explain their work and communicate their conclusions and findings clearly, both verbally and in writing. The ideal candidate will have an eye for both the big picture and the finer detail.
In addition, the following knowledge and competencies are desired:
- a good understanding of financial instruments, derivatives valuation and risk management techniques in at least one asset class (equity, fixed income, credit, foreign exchange, interest rates, commodities, energy);
- knowledge or experience of global financial market policies and regulations;
- experience in, or technical knowledge of, recent financial markets developments, such as algorithmic trading, ESG investments and derivatives, cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrencies’ derivatives;
- capacity to critically evaluate different sources of information and assumptions;
- ability to develop and apply robust methods to address complex economic and financial issues;
- ability to manage work streams, produce high quality work and create efficiencies in research and analytical tasks in a restricted time environment;
- experience in delegating to, and managing, consultants to produce research and analysis;
- experience in writing and structuring sections of reports or presentations, and regularly summarising analysis and reporting to clients;
- good time management skills while managing and prioritising multiple tasks;
- proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- good programming knowledge (e.g. Python, R Studio, C );
- knowledge of financial systems and data providers (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters);
- proficiency at speaking and writing in another European language is considered a plus.
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter in a single, combined file when applying.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
The qualifications and experience that we typically look for in Senior Consultant candidates:
- BA/BSc, MSc, or PhD in a quantitative discipline;
- Having completed a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA, CQF, FRM, CAIA) is considered an advantage;
- relevant work experience in quantitative finance, derivative valuation or risk management roles in investment banking, asset management or energy/commodity trading. Prior work experience in an advisory capacity and prior experience at delivering work product in a contentious context (litigation, arbitration, investigations or disputes) are considered a plus; and
- sufficient (at least four years) of relevant professional experience to demonstrate the ability to be an effective Senior Consultant and alignment with our firm’s values of integrity, creativity, achievement, respect and empathy.
How You’ll Grow
We offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development, opportunities to work abroad, and a supportive and friendly environment that will help you to achieve your potential. The skills and experience you will develop with us will stand you in good stead for the rest of your career.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.