EY Consulting – Banking Technology Solutions Delivery Analyst – Senior Consultant The banking industry continues to experience unrelenting disruption. Across the value chain, new innovative c
EY Consulting – Banking Technology Solutions Delivery Analyst – Senior Consultant
The banking industry continues to experience unrelenting disruption. Across the value chain, new innovative challengers are springing up with more engaging consumer experiences, more advanced technologies, and changing market structures. They are questioning the status quo and taking away more market share and revenues from incumbents.
To thrive, banks must gain a greater understanding of their technology strategy, capabilities and achieve a sharper alignment between their priorities and investments. From Cloud native core banking platforms to real time payments engines and fraud analytics systems, banks must actively reinvent themselves to reduce legacy technology, adopt flexible architecture solutions, unlock value from their data and renew their commitment to continuous innovation.
Add in a rapidly changing regulatory landscape and the threat to incumbents has never been more imminent. Merely becoming a digital version of their existing brands will not suffice. In addition to harnessing the power of digital transformation, banks must rethink their entire operational and technology models as other industries have done to achieve growth, eliminate costs and manage risk.
That is where EY’s Banking Technology Solutions Delivery team comes in.
EY has the fastest growing Consulting business of the Big 4, and our focus on banking and growth over the next few years has led to several exciting new opportunities. We work with a wide range of clients from global tier 1 banks to emerging challenger FinTechs.
Our Banking Technology team helps clients harness the power of technology to drive growth, modernise core banking operations, architect and deploy intelligent technology to achieve competitive advantages, reinvent themselves and thrive in this new era.
We have a diverse and inclusive team whose expertise spans across all banking domains including Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Lending (Secured and Unsecured), Payments, Wholesale, Retail, SME, Risk, Product/Vendor Selection and replatforming.
To achieve this, we need more people with some banking domain experience, an aptitude for applying next generation technologies and consulting skills to help our clients unlock value to be more successful.
In your role as a Senior Consultant, you will have the following:
- Experience in at least one area or a range of banking and digital transformation, payments, cloud, applications, Integration technology and emerging innovation and how they can be applied to banking use cases,
- Supporting the definition of the end-to-end banking, cloud, applications, and integrations architecture solutioning for client opportunities, projects and programmes,
- Engaging with project/programme managers to ensure the engagement’s scope is understood and reflected in the project and resource plan,
- Liaising with solutions architects as needed to ensure that the plan reflects the technology scope and uses the optimal delivery approach,
- Understanding and supporting a range of business, technology, data and infrastructure solution options available for banking client challenges,
- Understanding the distinction and application for the “legacy” digital technology trends (e.g. ERP, CRM, SCM, etc.) and the “new” technology disruptions (e.g. Cloud, Serverless, Microservices, Blockchain, Containers, Digital Decoupling and, in the future, AI/ML Computing),
- Client delivery experience: identifying and addressing client needs; relating and communicating with the client; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating ability to plan, prioritise and complete tasks; including delivery of engagement outputs and client outcomes
- Commercial experience: appreciation of the opportunity lifecycle, support work on proposals, bids, RFPs and, from time to time, support thought leadership that we issue to the market
- Experience as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive and collaborative working environment by building credible relationships with clients and team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Ability to use effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients
- Ability to create, facilitate and deliver high quality presentations and outputs to stakeholders
- Support practice development initiatives and contribute to training, knowledge sharing, networking activities for the team
Profile and Skills
- A high level of drive and commitment to delivering high quality work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Being a supportive team player who actively develops relationships and is eager to share knowledge with EY colleagues and our clients
- A structured approach to problem solving
- The ability to learn new subject matter rapidly and a desire to develop a deep understanding of the trends and challenges shaping the Banking Technology practices
- Flexibility in approach, willingness to adapt quickly and initiative when working in unstructured environments with limited supervision
To be successful in this team we require the following:
- Passion for the delivery of technology solutions that deliver value
- Experience of delivering work across Big 4, Boutique and System Integration firms or similar Banking industry roles
- Experience of delivering and embedding operational and/or technology-supported changes within Banking
- A point of view on how the Banking industry will continue to evolve and how the technology, innovation and FinTech landscape will shape the future
- Experience with current banking technologies and understanding of trends and implications on the Banking industry, including customer engagement solutions, cloud architecture & providers, integration tools & approaches, and artificial intelligence methods & techniques
- Awareness and interest in current and future regulatory changes within the Banking industry
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Basic level of Cloud certifications from AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud are desirable, or other technical certifications from banking application vendors
- Good working knowledge of Agile methodologies
Academic and prior experience
- A university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is usually preferred, however we would be open to outstanding candidates who may have followed an alternative academic path.
What we look for
We are interested in hearing from people with a diverse range of prior skills and experiences that can be transferred to this role! We do not anticipate a specific mould of candidates that precisely meets all the profile descriptions. We recognise that Senior Consultants are unlikely to have had the opportunity to demonstrate all the skills listed below in their careers to date. Rather we are interested in how the combination of your key experiences and approach to solving complex client challenges can be transferred over.
This together with the knowledge and backing of a global team will help you thrive!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.