This is Safello Founded in 2013 and regulated by Finansinspektionen, Safello is the safe and simple cryptocurrency exchange for Swedish customers. Backed by best-in-class VC firms, Safello offers ins
This is Safello
Founded in 2013 and regulated by Finansinspektionen, Safello is the safe and simple cryptocurrency exchange for Swedish customers. Backed by best-in-class VC firms, Safello offers instant buying and selling and integrates several advanced features to make cryptocurrency easily and securely accessible for everyone. Safello is, since May 2021, a public company and listed on Nasdaq First North. Read more on https://safello.com/.
Safello is in a pursuit to transform the financial infrastructure for good. In an ambitious pursuit like this, we need ambitious talent to help us get there. One deeply wanted asset to the Compliance & FinCrime prevention team is a Senior Compliance Officer.
At Safello, compliance is not only a cost-center. Our FinCrime prevention team is engaged in shaping every product and educates stakeholders in the ecosystem to demystify cryptocurrency and to ensure that the industry enhances its standards to protect customers. This is the foundation of our work and a guiding principle for how we operate.
Safello is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our growing team. While having experience with cryptocurrency compliance is an advantage, we understand that this is a niche area and can provide you with a helping hand with the transition from your current position to Digital Assets.
You should possess the following expertise:
- Native level proficiency in Swedish, fluent in English – is a must. Norwegian desired but not obligatory.
- You can perform a high quality verification and monitoring of customer behaviour and their proof of funds/wealth (PoSoF and PoSoW) – primarily in the area of legal entities.
- You can develop and / or enhance processes in collaboration with others.
- You can perform and shape a process of KYB and corporate onboarding as well as KYC for HNWI customers. You can also handle EDD.
- You know current fraud and ML typologies. You can detect suspicious activity and work independently as well as with the team to adjust our products in order to protect our customers and maintain compliance.
- You are able to enhance general risk assessment policies and AML documentation reflecting new development in the space.
- You are able to translate complex legal requirements into tangible suggestions for implementation.
- You are able to lead continued education both internally as well as internally.
And now on to you. Who are you and what do you believe in?
- Extensive experience in performing the day-to-day AML/CTF/Fraud screening & monitoring & reporting.
- Experience in onboarding HNWI customers. Perform full KYC / EDD procedures.
- Min. two years experience in KYB, onboarding and monitoring of corporate customers in Nordic countries.
- Min. three years experience in verifying PoSoF and PoSoW.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an AML/CFT compliance role within a regulated financial institution, regulator or legislator in Sweden or / and Norway.
- Experience in payment services and/or virtual assets – an advantage but not a must.
- Be one of the primary PoC for AML/CTF/Fraud matters inside & outside within the industry.
- Master’s or Paralegal degree
- Relevant AML/CFT certification (ACAMS; Chainalysis Reactor/KYT Certification, ICA; etc.) – an advantage but not a must.
- As we are publicly-traded on Nasdaq in Stockholm. It would be an advantage if you have MAR experience and that you have been working with platforms like Strictlog in your previous assignments.
What we offer
We offer flexibility, a competitive salary and great perks. Our office is located centrally in Stockholm, but we are all flexible remote workers. Being part of Safello means being on a growth journey which offers great career opportunities and the possibility to influence the future of financial systems.
Safello team members have various educational backgrounds, so please feel free to apply even if you do not fulfil some of the criteria defined above but add a letter of motivation why you are a good fit for our team.