Who We Are: Okcoin is one of the world's largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
What You’ll be Doing:
This role will provide senior level analyst support with the development and implementation of our Governance framework and controls, ensuring early identification and sustainable mitigation of operational, regulatory and reputational risk. This role reports directly to the Compliance Director, EMEA.
In this role you will:
- Assist with the drafting and maintenance of policy, procedure, and reporting templates utilised throughout the department.
- Engaging cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to implement an effective compliance management program in line with the global standards and industry best practices.
- Stay apprised of changes in the crypto economy and regulatory environment including regulatory rule making and guidance in the region.
- Work with group compliance teams to ensure new policies, standards, procedures and guidelines align with applicable regulations and internal templates & requirements.
- Create and implement work processes that follow organisational standards to support existing or newly formed committees.
- Support the department in the successful completion of regulatory examinations and audits.
- Support the department in the completion of risk assessments.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 4+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to interact and lead discussions.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.