About Bitvavo In 2018, Bitvavo launched the first version of its digital assets trading platform, to bridge the gap between traditional currencies and digital assets. By offering transparent fee
In 2018, Bitvavo launched the first version of its digital assets trading platform, to bridge the gap between traditional currencies and digital assets. By offering transparent fees, a wide range of assets and an easy to use platform, Bitvavo is making the currency of the future accessible for everyone.
In two years’ time, Bitvavo has established itself as the market leader in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe, with over one million users exchanging tens of billions of digital assets a year.
Our team, located in Amsterdam, is looking for self-driven, talented people who can help make digital assets available for everyone.
How you’ll have an impact:
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Database Engineer with expertise in MySQL to join our team in a Services Oriented Architecture environment. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing, building, and maintaining highly scalable, highly available database systems on the AWS platform that support a complex, high-transaction-rate environment.
If you are passionate about using their technical skills and expertise to ensure that databases meet the needs of the business and its customers, we would love to hear from you. Our mission is to build simple but powerful cryptocurrency solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and maintain highly available, highly scalable MySQL database systems on the AWS platform that support a complex, high-transaction-rate environment.
- Work closely with the software engineering teams to ensure that the database architecture meets the needs of the business and the customers.
- Develop and maintain cloud-based database design, documentation, and standards.
- Optimize cloud-based database performance and query optimization so that applications can run smoothly and quickly.
- Work with the Platform teams to ensure database system availability, reliability, and scalability while enforcing data quality standards, ensuring data accuracy, and maintaining data security and privacy.
- Monitor and troubleshoot database-related issues, and provide solutions to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend new cloud-based database technologies and tools with the aim of automating routine database tasks, such as backups, restores, and monitoring, to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of errors.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with database design, normalization, and optimization.
- Experience with AWS database technologies, such as RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Redshift.
- Experience with MySQL database administration, replication, and clustering.
- Strong proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, and troubleshooting on the AWS platform.
- Experience with database security and compliance.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools on the AWS platform.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
What we offer:
- Excellent employment terms, including:
- a very competitive salary;
- 26 days of annual leave;
- Budget for external training and courses.
- Work remotely within The Netherlands & at our office in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Be actively involved with the latest technologies and innovations;
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing FinTech company.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
- Apply by clicking the button below. Please share whatever you want about yourself to convince we are a match!
- Let’s first have a ‘coffee chat’ to introduce Bitvavo, the role and get to know you.
- We will follow up with an in-depth interview.
We strive to process applications within a week. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by mail at email@example.com.